Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me...

Advertising revenue is WAY down for all outlets.

Owned by a company that owns several mags in the same genre.

Probably the one with the smallest paid circulation.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't surprise me...

Advertising revenue is WAY down for all outlets.

Owned by a company that owns several mags in the same genre.

Probably the one with the smallest paid circulation.
Ya it wouldnt surprise me either, they have gone in a direction which doesnt interest me. Just wondering if anybody else had heard this.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ya it wouldnt surprise me either, they have gone in a direction which doesnt interest me. Just wondering if anybody else had heard this.
What... you don't want another story about stuffing a Chevy 350 in another SWB Jeep????

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just paid for a subscription!!! better not.
Ya I have been hearing a lot of that aswell, people just signing up. But I hope the best for them, I hope even more that they cover more things then what they are stuck on right now.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow that sucks, although I wouldn't be surprised - several mags are going under right now. JRations just kicked the bucket recently too.
Well I didnt know that but that one doesnt surprise me either.

·
Banned
851 Posts
The company the publishes, JP, Off Road, 4 Wheel drive & Spot Utility, Crawl and Low Range filled for bankruptcy. Last I read the March issue could be the last for all them mags. Crawl and Low Range already ran there last issues in Dec.

And what most don't know is that publishing company also prints the Chicago Tribune and the LA Times. Those to might being shut down..

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The company the publishes, JP, Off Road, 4 Wheel drive & Spot Utility, Crawl and Low Range filled for bankruptcy. Last I read the March issue could be the last for all them mags. Crawl and Low Range already ran there last issues in Dec.

And what most don't know is that publishing company also prints the Chicago Tribune and the LA Times. Those to might being shut down..
Wow that is bad news for that company I didnt know that they were all connected, but now that it do it makes sense.

·
Registered
324 Posts

Don't bet against Sam Zell.... He is pretty smart guy... Plus selling the Cubs yielded quite a bit of cash for debt relief....

Too bad about Low Range and Jrations.... two of the better ones out there.

·
Banned
851 Posts
I'm not sure what will happen to the news papers, but the writings on the wall for the mags. BUT I would think when things turn around the mags will just go back on sale..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts