Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Muddeprived i think you got these no? Somebody did lol Wat's the website thanks guys?

and if you have them do you like them?

I have 33x12.5x15 Super Swamper SSR TSL's that i put on my DC-1's and couldnt get the sticky weights to stick so i was looking at doing this:thumbsup:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am lucky so far with my setup, I just mounted up the tires on my wheels and didn't have to use any weights at all. It runs highway speeds no problem and without any vibrations.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I love the airsofts in my tires. By far the best way to balance larger tires....

And they sound cool when coming to a stop....

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
look and read the above article and it will tell you.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Do you just use BBs or will pellets work just as well?

·
Registered
444 Posts
a shot glass worth??? and it sounds like the plastic shot works better than steel??? i didn't read the whole thing but thats what i got out of it

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
a shot glass worth??? and it sounds like the plastic shot works better than steel??? i didn't read the whole thing but thats what i got out of it
You need a certain amount of ozs in each tire and differt bbs weight different than other bbs so if you buy a thing of bbs if you can weight out 1 oz and go from there.

·
Registered
444 Posts
the link didn't work.... but i can imagine what it says..

if a tire will take 12oz to balance out will it take 12oz of bb's??????

·
Registered
557 Posts
I used BB's in my 35" SSR's before i lowered the Jeep. IIRC i used 10oz and although better it still had issues. Remember, a Swamper is known to be out of round in alot of cases right from the mold from what i have read on Pirate4x4.

I had forgotten to tell my tire guy about the BB's when i had the 33's mounted up. He was like WTF... :rofl:

Yeah, and the BB's always sounded like air brakes to me as you came to a stop and they would fall on the steel wheel.

·
Registered
444 Posts
thats how mine are.. my street tires are old powerguard MTs and one takes like 13oz to get it close.. then i managed to debead the damn thing 3 days after having them balanced.. now its really outa balance..

would guys like us be better off using steel shot because we need so much wieght???

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
thats how mine are.. my street tires are old powerguard MTs and one takes like 13oz to get it close.. then i managed to debead the damn thing 3 days after having them balanced.. now its really outa balance..

would guys like us be better off using steel shot because we need so much wieght???
the link is fixed.

·
Registered
444 Posts
alright... i dunno if im just a freakin retard or what..
but i have 35x12.50x15 on 15x8in wheels.. i didn't see that combo anywhere on there lol

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Where it says rim width that is suppose to be tire width.

Tire Dia rim width Rim Dia Ply Rating Ounces

35 12.5 15 6 8

1 - 20 of 20 Posts