Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 cherokee sport 4.0L 4X4. I am looking at tires to buy. Since this is my daily driver and I don't wheel it much till I can get a different DD I wanna keep the size stock at 225/75R15. I do live in the country on dirt roads that get a lot of snow and washout in the spring. but I do a HELL OF ALOT of pavement driving. I'm looking for a good all terrain / all season tire that wont effect my MPG. Firestone Destination AT were recomended.

does anyone have an opinion on Destination AT OR have better suggestions. Effect on MPG IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Thanks alot

also how are Generals Grabbers AT 2 on MPG

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
The tires you mentioned are all good candidates. I would add BFG AT's to your list.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Love mine. I run the 31x10.5 and get 17 MPG. Road noise isn't bad either.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
i have to side with mudd, the bfg's would be great, so would the coopers or even wrangles. when i got my mud rovers from sams club, i paid 120 each and that was 31x10.50xR15. Places like bj's, cosco, sams club, and other places like ntb or sts have pretty good deal on tires in stock sizes.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
The BFG's are an excellent tire and I almost bought them. The only reason I didn't is the lug pattern on the xtreme AT's was designed with more space between them which is "supposed" to allow better self cleaning of the tread area.

Both very capable tires though.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I run 30-9.50's BFG All terrains on a stock suspension. I've had them about a year and a half and am real pleased with them. Great tires in snow and mud.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just installed Cooper Discovery H/T 30x9.50xR15 LT 6 Plys this morning. I have no rubbing poing in front or rear. They look real nice and ride great on the street, have not taken them offroad yet.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
ive got goodyear wrangler GSAs on my jeep. 30x9.5 on stock suspension. they are an all season tire. ive wheeled them and they are pretty good. snow driving is good too. 50+ on the highway in 3 to 4in and no loss of traction.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
walmart liberators when it was stock i loved them

·
Registered
575 Posts
i have wal mart liberators on my 98 dodge 2500.. had them on for the last 7 years. i have around 42xxx miles on them. maybe 25% life left

·
Registered
16 Posts
Imho, you can't go wrong with the destination a/t's for the price. I love 'em on my stocker. Great in rain and snow . . .worthy on dirt. On the road there just great . . . handle well and no noise or mileage degradation. Good looking, but not as rugged looking (or as expensive) as the bfg a/t's. I chose 'em over the bridgestone duelers to save $45 a tire. Again, for what I spent, I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
those gererals look nice. I almost got the BFG AT but I got the Destinations. I figured they would get the best mpg. I like the looks of the BFG AT and the GRABBERS a hell of a lot. maybe next time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts