Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Cherokee Classic, Red, 4.0 inline 6
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic with the stock 16" x 7" Icon wheels. I recently had a 3" Rough Country lift put. Currently, the tires are 225/70R16 Firestone Destination. These are 28.4" diameter tires. I am slowly converting this from a stock set up into a offroad set up. I will be needing new tires before the end of the year. Based on measuring, I am pretty sure that I can run up to a 31" diameter tire without rubbing the fenders. But, how wide can I go without rubbing the LCAs? I am not interested in cutting the fenders to add flares at this time. Although, I may do it in the future.

·
Premium Member
9,886 Posts
Generally you will end up with a ten inch wide tire. They will rub with stock wheels. No big deal really. Just back off the steering wheel when they do. But if you want to avoid that, get some wheel spacers and move the wheels out 1.5"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Generally you will end up with a ten inch wide tire. They will rub with stock wheels. No big deal really. Just back off the steering wheel when they do. But if you want to avoid that, get some wheel spacers and move the wheels out 1.5"
Thanks, any idea whether adding 1.5" spacers may cause rubbing on the fender?

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
They won't rub the fenders unless you are offroad or flexing. I run 31s on 4" of lift with factor flares. My setup probably flexes a little more than a rough country kit though, so it may not rub that bad for you.
For daily driving you will be fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They won't rub the fenders unless you are offroad or flexing. I run 31s on 4" of lift with factor flares. My setup probably flexes a little more than a rough country kit though, so it may not rub that bad for you.
For daily driving you will be fine.
Thanks, do you have spacers to prevent LCA rubbing?

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
No, I have wheels with a backspacing of 3.5" or 3.75", can't remember.

·
Premium Member
9,886 Posts
I have 1.5" spacers, but rubbing the control arms is not why I put them on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts