Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FS- A Tom Woods multiple cardan joint front drive shaft. It has a cardan joint on both the TC end and the pinion end. I had it on my '00 before I replaced the LP axle with an HP axle. It allowed me to get my caster angle where I needed it and solve about 98*of my vibration problem caused by the pinion not pointing at the TC output shaft. Tom Woods admitted it "could" cause a slight drumming vibration sound because of the added weight of the cardan joint on the pinion end. I can say on mine it did slightly, other than that it worked great. Much improved over the stock DS.

It has maybe 7-8,000 miles on it, everything is greaseable. It was on my XJ with 4" of lift with the LP axle. It also comes with a different pinion yoke to accept the cardan joint. So that would have to be mounted up too. I'll get some pic's up tomorrow with dimensions.

$200+ shipping (HEY it cost about $500 new!!!):D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Firehawk will it work with either transfer case? 231J or a 242J?
If the yoke on the 231 output shaft is the same as the 242 it would. I don't recall Tom Woods asking me if I had the 231 or 242 when I bought it. I've never paid that much attention to the yoke on a 231 to be honest.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pictures as promised.

The DS itself

One showing the greasable u-joints, ans slip joint. The u-joints are greasable on the other end too.

The yoke required to mount the DS up. It is still on my LP axle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts