Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Has anyone replaced their torque converter with a better one, if so what one did you buy and what made you buy it. I'm currently looking for one to fit my 1998 jeep xj 4.0

·
Premium Member
10,434 Posts
AW4 transmission? And what do you mean by better. That could cover a lot of ground

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AW4 transmission? And what do you mean by better. That could cover a lot of ground
Yes it's a AW4 transmission. I don't have much knowledge about torque converts but I just over heard some guy saying he's going to upgrade his one and it should help him accelerate and was just curious what kind I need to do the same thing g and how they work.

·
Premium Member
10,434 Posts
I am not aware of much to upgrade them. Did a quick search and couldn't find anything specific. I think you are talking about a higher rpm stall converters. I wouldn't really recomend them off road. They tend to be too much on or off for my taste

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not aware of much to upgrade them. Did a quick search and couldn't find anything specific. I think you are talking about a higher rpm stall converters. I wouldn't really recomend them off road. They tend to be too much on or off for my taste
Thanks heaps, I'll keep that in mind. I don't mind it being go or no go because I'm making it more of a pavement princess (sorry to disappoint but in NZ they are extremely rare and don't want to destroy it offroad) I'll be making it capable for off road for when going camping and want to be able to show the drug dealer what a real car is hahaha.

·
Premium Member
10,434 Posts
I hear ya mae. I have an internet buddy in Christchurch. I understand, and difficult to get parts too. I sent him a wireing harness because he couldn't get one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts