Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you guys tow a 6x10 enclosed trailer weighing approximately 3k Lbs behind a jeep with a 6.5" lift w/33" tires?

The trailer has only a single axle.

Just curious because I will be driving to California from Oregon and really do not want to have to drive my work van down there.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
I have used my Jeep that is stock to tow a 16 foot flat bed trailer that weighed 4,000 empty and used it to tow my washer and dryer 100 miles into town. I will not do that again!!, it cost me shocks and alot of stress.

In Oregon the state cops have jump scales and do check GVW's ( I know this from experience ). I think your jeep would do just fine but watch out for the state cops in Oregon if you are going to be over your jeeps GVW.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point about the GVW. I never really considered that because the weighmasters can be a pain in the ass here.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have the sheriffs' weighasters to worry about here and they are everywhere. The city cops don't care at all.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are in Eugene, typically on hwy 99, 126, and Beltline but you will ocassionally see them on side streets too.

Weighmasters are part of the Lane County Sheriffs' Department.

You will only get pulled over in Ca if you are loaded all awkward and look to be overloaded or driving in the wrong lane (from my experiences down there)

·
Registered
444 Posts
so i thought i was the only oregonian on here =) glad to see some neighbors!! mines sittin at about 9" and i put an 18' empty trailer behind mine.. towed it 100 yards down the street from a friends house to mine.. damn thing road the bump stops the entire time.. i was like wow, these leafs arn't so still after all lol

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
so i thought i was the only oregonian on here =) glad to see some neighbors!! mines sittin at about 9" and i put an 18' empty trailer behind mine.. towed it 100 yards down the street from a friends house to mine.. damn thing road the bump stops the entire time.. i was like wow, these leafs arn't so still after all lol
I use my poor jeep alot to tow my hay trailer. I use my truck to go and get my hay, but it wont turn sharp enough to get down my ally to the barn, so I use my jeep. My hay trailer is an 16 foot flat bed that weighs 4,000lbs empty then the hay on the trailer weighs another 4,000. Uh , no wonder I'm on my third set of shocks. :)

Where in Central Oregon are you from?, I used to live in Madras about 6 years ago.

·
Registered
444 Posts
im surprised you haven't cooked your leafs yet lol.. but i guess stock the bump stops are set for like 4in of up travel..

Im in Bend.. about an hour S. of Madras..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts