Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are some good "starter" trails in AZ that a stock XJ could check out and get comfy with?

·
Registered
9,244 Posts
There's nothing more "comfy" that dry river bottoms in AZ...

11 mile Wash about a mile away from Bartlet Lake will take you back south along the Verde River to Castle Rock at the north end of Rio Verde.

Your best bet might be a blast though the Bradshaw Mountains. There's a maze of awesome two track trails around Crown King. I'd shoot up I-17, about half way up the "hill", take the Bumble Bee exit towards Horsethief Basin. Senator Highway into Prescott would be a great drive back to the valley!

For some more info, maybe Google Earth either Bartlett Lake, AZ or Crown King, AZ

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks! there is a girl at work that wants to go out on some trails ASAP so i wanna get some practice

·
Marshmallow
3,780 Posts
Four Peaks is always good.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
if you can make it up to sedona, there are all kinds of trails that you can take it easy on or really test your limits.

·
Registered
156 Posts
what are some good "starter" trails in AZ that a stock XJ could check out and get comfy with?
Come in Join us on Oct. 13 Just click on the link to register its gonna be fun as always....

http://www.airparkdodgechryslerjeep.com/6th-annual-jeep-jamboree.htm

you want a really nice right go out to cavecreek follow the road all the way threw...to a dirty road its where the payment ends if you follow it all the way to the end it comes out on Table Mesa Road...off of I-17 really nice ride!! have fun and hope you come to the Jeep Jam!!!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Come in Join us on Oct. 13 Just click on the link to register its gonna be fun as always....

http://www.airparkdodgechryslerjeep.com/6th-annual-jeep-jamboree.htm

you want a really nice right go out to cavecreek follow the road all the way threw...to a dirty road its where the payment ends if you follow it all the way to the end it comes out on Table Mesa Road...off of I-17 really nice ride!! have fun and hope you come to the Jeep Jam!!!
I would love to join you guys to make fun of all of the yuppie JK mall crawlers that are going to bee there but that is the one weekend I have to work in october. :brickwall:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would love to join you guys to make fun of all of the yuppie JK mall crawlers that are going to bee there but that is the one weekend I have to work in october. :brickwall:
That figures..well come after unless you don't get out til after 5pm..it ends at 5pm they have a ramp and the one that does the best win's the cash!!!..The run is in the am..the rest is from 12 noon on!!! If you can just register bring can food..and eat..drink have a good time..lol :)

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
sherisxj said:
That figures..well come after unless you don't get out til after 5pm..it ends at 5pm they have a ramp and the one that does the best win's the cash!!!..The run is in the am..the rest is from 12 noon on!!! If you can just register bring can food..and eat..drink have a good time..lol :)
Sadly I do work till 5. I will most likely na able to make the whatever event comes up next.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts