Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey like i said before i just got my first car a jeep i love it for 4x4in and everything,,,,, but what thats switch trans :comfort power ... i need tooooo know!!!!! haha i asked alota people they didnt know soo if u guys could help me out , that would be cool

·
Registered
155 Posts
mine changes the shift point of the tranny.It goes into passing gear a lot sooner in the power mode doesn't seem to go in to passing gear as quickly in the comfort mode

·
Registered
89 Posts
The comfort/power switch is just what it says. In the Comfort mode shifts are smooth, closer together and really pretty "mushy" in my opinion. Power mode gives you harder, quicker shifts with more engine rpm before each shift. Power is like a performance mode. I keep mine in power mode all the time. It's just to mushy and bogs the motor in comfort mode, for my liking.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
307 Posts
gas mileage is better in power mode as well.

with the revamp to H.O. in 1991 chrysler removed the power/trans option and simply hardwired the trans computer to power all the time. they found that fuel mileage loss was significant in comfort mode (2 to 3 mpg) and did away with it.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
gas mileage is better in power mode as well.

with the revamp to H.O. in 1991 chrysler removed the power/trans option and simply hardwired the trans computer to power all the time. they found that fuel mileage loss was significant in comfort mode (2 to 3 mpg) and did away with it.
I get 2 to 3 mpg better in comfort mode on the highyway but around town no. so if I am in town or offroad its power mode.
Jeepcomj when you say they did away with the mode in 91 do you mean it was not on the 91's? I ask because my 91 has it and my friends does aswell.

·
Registered
307 Posts
it may very well be 92 year that they did away with it. I have never seen it on a 91 however, and have parted out 3 or 4 of them.

is yours high output or renix 4.0?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
its a HO and my friends aswell. my 91 I had in built in 2000 had the mode button aswell.
when I was into jeeps back then and was stripping and selling parts any 91 I had bought had the button too. I was just asking because maybe here in Canada they still had it in 91.. you said on another post that the 91 had a strght fron axle. I still have the disco.
I know that sounds silly but one it is a jeep thing and 2 I have noticed alot of different things over the years with vehicals from state side and Canada.
and when you talk Motorcycles there is realy alot of diferent things that were done.
look at Kawasaki. they made 1000cc bikes back in the 80's for US but the same bike here was 1100cc. same as the 700cc you guys got here 750cc.
we have had running daylights for a long time here do you guys even have that on your vehicels?
I know if you buy aything down in the us and bring into Canada that is one of the things that must be done so it can pass safty.

·
Registered
307 Posts
it has to be a difference in origin for sure...

we don't even have daytime running lights on anything older than 5 years for the most part

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
it has to be a difference in origin for sure...

we don't even have daytime running lights on anything older than 5 years for the most part
Thats why I thought I would throw that out there. we have had them for years and years. might be interesting to compaire different things

·
Registered
307 Posts
yeah. I like canada. maybe I'll swing up one of these days

1 - 12 of 12 Posts