Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need the sleeve for a ax15 transmission. the sleeve where the throwout bearing slides on. if someone had one and wants to sell one please let me know. thanks

·
Premium Member
10,283 Posts
That is called the front bearing retainer :D

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol thanks

That is called the front bearing retainer :D
when you do all your own work you kinda dont know all the names for stuff.

i guy on facebook is saying that i can take my internal slave and make it an external slave myself. like making my own bearing retainer. is this possible?

·
Premium Member
10,283 Posts
I am going to say maybe. You need a pivot point, usually a stud that screws in on the opposite side of the slave. Then you need a place for the slave to bolted on

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

I am going to say maybe. You need a pivot point, usually a stud that screws in on the opposite side of the slave. Then you need a place for the slave to bolted on
i will try and look for a place to buy one.

·
Premium Member
10,283 Posts
After thinking about this for a minute or two, the simple thing to do is get another bell housing that uses the external slave and related parts. No Mickey Mousing involved that way

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks

After thinking about this for a minute or two, the simple thing to do is get another bell housing that uses the external slave and related parts. No Mickey Mousing involved that way
i have the bell housing and the little arm think that holds the throwout bearing

·
Premium Member
10,283 Posts
No reason yo can't swap them on the AX15

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The ax15 I picked up cane with an internal slave

So what you’ll want to look for is just the bellhousing from AX 15 with the external slave, and related slave cylinder, and fork and pivot, and swap all that into your transmission. Then you’ll have easier servicing of the slave cylinder later on when it fails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts