Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured it might be night to see close up pictures of various tread patters and amount of miles on that particular tire. Would probably be a good reference for users whom are trying to buy some new tires.

Lets see them guys.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Dakotas MTs 31"

they have about 300 miles maybe less, about a month use, 3 wheeling trips, great grip and great performance on muddy situations, and on road, not too noisy , the pics are when new, and they still look like that

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts

Interco TrXus M/T @ 14,000 miles. My verdict: loud on the street, excellent in the mud, crappy in the rain, wear too fast, hard to balance, get flat spots overnight.

Tread-Wright M/T @ < 1,000 miles. My verdict: quiet on the street, awesome in the mud, awesome in the snow, awesome in the rain, easy to balance.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Trxus MT's at mile 800:

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Wow great idea for a thread Kyle :thumbsup:
I agree, he calls himself the Guru of Nothing but i believe he's the Guru of Thread Starters. :thumbsup:

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
BFG AT. Got them free so I am not complaining. About 15,000 miles on them, about 70% tread. They are great for street and are amazing in the rain, but not so great offroad. They load up fairly easy so they aren't great for mud. Dry conditions, they are pretty damn good.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
BFG AT. Got them free so I am not complaining. About 15,000 miles on them, about 70% tread. They are great for street and are amazing in the rain, but not so great offroad. They load up fairly easy so they aren't great for mud. Dry conditions, they are pretty damn good.
It looks like you are holding up the jeep by the tire with a penny. You are a jeep god :bow:

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Okay it's a Bushwacker picture, but It'll double as a tread pic. I think they have between 9 and 12k on them. I got them October 2007.

Edit: Ok I updated the picture...

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
general grabber at2's: good in rain, snow, and dry. they do alright in the mud but no M/T obviously. they also did decent on the rocks i was on. they are exactly like the BFG's but way cheaper

Dick Cepek FC-II's: loved the tire. good in the rain, decent in the snow. some problems in thick mud, never tried it on the rocks. but the wear on these things when i had my other jeep was amazing. i put 30,000 on the tire and i had well over half tread left. they actually looked almost brand new still so well over half.

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
Hi all, I'm looking for a good sand tire that lasts long..any ideas?. I already had DC funcountrys but they wore fast...Tj
wow. what did you have those tires on that they wore fast? did you rotate them? i rotated mine every oil change or every other and i had 30,000 and I had well over half tread, well over, before I had to sell that cherokee.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts