Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anyone got any pics of a cherokees front and rear 100% maxed out trimmed.im trimmed now but wanna trim more if i can so i can salvage some articulation room with 33's.and i was looking under my front panel and my windshield washerfluid box is RIGHT THERE.how do i get around this?and how much can i trim in the back or what can i eliminate to give me room in these areas.maybe you can look at my rig and see? thanks

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
You could always find an older XJ washer bottle in a salvage yard. they were mounted under the hood and relocate yours. I trimmed to the bottom of the washer jug and cut and folded the rears.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
thats the best fender cut ive seen^^^ clean lines

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok well im looking at your rig and our tire size is the same.i got the 3.5 with a shackles and etc 2" ,and i run the 32's.i wanna make sure if i go to 33's im still gonna have a good bit of tire room.i live at 10,000 ft,my town is at 9,500 ft in rockies.....alot of rocks= alot of articulation needed.i dont wanna rub.im enjoying my (room) with the 32 cause i can flex my rig 100% with no rub and im afraid 33's (but i want 33's for better clearance) will cause me to rub.so im trying to get an idea of how extreme i can trim my rig.......i think im trimmed like you are now.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
or any advise from anyone ever having this issue?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont have any better side closeups but heres what i got now,its also very clean trim but like i said maybe 33's will give me a hard time.....not sure.but keep in mind in this shot.....appears more room in back and less in front than actual cause of the small flex im doin

·
Registered
58 Posts
I cut around 1" of guard all over and move the the flares up. Mines 4.5 lift with 33's.

Heres plans rear

front

Pictures with flare move up before cutting

Cutting of guards

Done

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can trim your fenders as aggressive as you want, which is good, but once you are in the 33" + range with your tires you will likely still rub on the inner fenderwell unless you bumpstop enough to limit most of your uptravel, which I know you don't want to do. Don't worry though because most of the time that rubbing is harmless as long as you cut away/fold the seam that is in the fenderwell right behind your front tires. that thing will slice into your tires if left as is. I don't have a pic of it but maybe someone else does. Your rubbing can also be lessened depending on how much backspacing your wheels have and yes some bumpstop in the front is good in my opinion.

Here are some older pics of my rig on 35's. The rear is cut (and folded) as high up as you can go without body work - same as xjjeepthing only I have my rear-lower quarters cut and folded up also. The front is trimmed pretty high, but I'm limited on how high up I can go because of the snorkel on the driver side. I have the equivalent of 3.0" backspacing on the wheels. I have 3" RE bumpstops + two 1" hockey pucks per side. The bumpstops make contact just before the front tires rub the fenderwell, unless I turn when flexed out in which case they rub.

I'm happy with it.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
You could always find an older XJ washer bottle in a salvage yard. they were mounted under the hood and relocate yours. I trimmed to the bottom of the washer jug and cut and folded the rears.
I want those clear side and turn signal lenses!!!! Where did you get them? Is this a repeat question? :dunno:

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys.... i appreatiate the tips and pics

·
Registered
22 Posts
I replaced it with one from an earlier model XJ that sits between the air box and brake booster.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I just bought a 96 cherokee classic put a 4" lift on it with roughcountry nitros on it, my tires are still stock but i was wonderin how much fender cutting i would have to do to run some 33's? any advice?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Look 2000XJ's build thread in the build forum. He is running about 4.5'' of lift with 33's and has trimmed off quite a bit to keep from rubbing while offroad.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts