Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
I was like you on the Ecoboost but after having it I'm sold. Our 2014 F150 was the 5.0 V8 and it was strong and made the right sounds but the Ecoboost is much stronger. I guess I've drank the Kool aide but I love it. Several mpg better than the 5.0 and faster, not feels faster it is faster. When we got the Expedition we ran it side by side with our 5.0 F150 and the Expedition was faster while carrying a few hundred more lbs than the F150

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
My neighbor has one of the early ones, my friend just bought one in the fall, and others I know have had first hand experience with the ecoboost. Im not knocking on it, I just want to jump feet first instead of headfirst if you know what I mean. My biggest issue with them isn't the motor, but the fact that these newer 1/2ton trucks cost as much or more than a 3/4ton, and it doesn't matter whether its new or used. Id rather have a 3/4ton if I can get one cheaper but in as good or better condition as the 1/2ton.

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
Good point, just think about it for a minute though, 1/2 ton pickups today carry and tow more than 3/4 ton trucks did 10 years ago. 1/2 tons usually ride better. Ride is a big deal with a long commute.

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Very true. Thats why I haven't ruled them out.

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
Good luck. I bought my F150 a couple of months ago after looking for a couple of months. I was set on an F150 and wanted lower milage. I finally found mine a 2013 with 96,000 miles for good price. Most I saw looked great but had 200k on them. I saw a lot more Dodges but I haven't had anything but a Ford truck for 30 years.

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm 50-50 right now. Testdrives will help. I've spent a lot of time in the dodge, but not the ford

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well, some minor decisions have been made. I won't be getting a diesel truck, and probably not a truck I want. Not right now anyhow. After I settle into the new job and make sure it's going to work I'll start over again. But right now I need a reliable dd, hasta pronto. So I'm going backwards towards the world of cars and crossovers and things with good mpg and reliability for a short term time frame.

Ford escapes, a 2010 Mini Cooper, and an old but newer than what I have ranger have all been thrown on the table tonight.

I've also ruled out another jeep. The one I've got keeps my hands full.

·
Super Moderator
11,132 Posts
Man you are all over the map on this one!
I have always had a soft spot for Mini Coopers (made by BMW BTW) But am still loyal to my VW Jetta TDI. :D FWIW, Audi 's have the same TDI engine. but a better ride... And the plot thickens.. :plot:

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The only thing keeping me away from an Audi or a vw is your story, and their lack of a truck bed. I can't get neck deep in the engine of my daily right now.

·
Super Moderator
11,132 Posts
I didn't know Mini's had a truck bed, or Ford Escapes for that matter. :dunno:

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Well if you're going to go the car route then get a low mileage Cavalier. A few guys at work have them that commute long distance two up to two hours one way save them a ton on gas and seem pretty reliable.

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
I haven't had a car in so long I got nothing to offer here.

·
Super Moderator
11,132 Posts
I'm just using this thread to up my post count, trying to catch Mudd! :D :D :D

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
As long as you have suggestions I won't tell mudd lol. Guess I should have used better phrasing on my truck bed comment. Oh well. I do not want a car. Not even a little. But if I have to have one it might as well he kinda interesting. At least in a mini (if I fit) I could pretend I'm Mark wahlberg in The Italian Job. Hahaha

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

·
Super Moderator
11,132 Posts
As long as you have suggestions I won't tell mudd lol. Guess I should have used better phrasing on my truck bed comment. Oh well. I do not want a car. Not even a little. But if I have to have one it might as well he kinda interesting. At least in a mini (if I fit) I could pretend I'm Mark wahlberg in The Italian Job. Hahaha
I like the way you think brother!

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Well if you're going to go the car route then get a low mileage Cavalier. A few guys at work have them that commute long distance two up to two hours one way save them a ton on gas and seem pretty reliable.
Cavaliers are junk they were on the worst cars list. I'd buy a focus or Kia soul I got 38 mpg with my 2014 soul 1.6 manual transmission. My 05 focus I got like 32 mpg

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I'm with ya on the cavalier. There's a lot of em on the road but there's also a lot of high school girls driving them. Lol.
As far as I'm concerned kias are disposable cars. I'll look on some focuses and fusions though.

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda stuck on this mini. At least I'll be able to get my money back out of it eventually.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts