Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I once had a 4cyl 5 speed s10. Could get 402 miles to a tank in city driving. Compare that to my 100ish miles on my jeep

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I've got an 87 MJ drives great but some brake issues lol. My last MJ got like 14 and my first 4 banger MJ got like 10mpg but had 456 gears and stock tires shaved head triple cut valves ect alot of engine mods

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
THE THREAD CONTINUES...

Im still looking for a truck. The requirements are nearly the same as before, but the current list is as follows:

Ford or Dodge preferred, squarebody Chevy considered.
-3/4ton or greater
-diesel
-(pre-2006) Probably
-8ft bed
-4x4
-strongly hoping for a manual transmission
-must be able to handle a 15hr trip with no issues or concerns
-utility bed is preferred but not required
-must be able to tow a trailer loaded with a Jeep!

If anyone knows about one for sale within a state or two of Iowa Id be curious to see some info.

But really I just want to hear your thoughts on a similar truck or if Im looking at the wrong things. Tell me what Im forgetting or missing.

·
Super Moderator
10,437 Posts
THE THREAD CONTINUES...

Im still looking for a truck. The requirements are nearly the same as before, but the current list is as follows:

Ford or Dodge preferred, squarebody Chevy considered.
-3/4ton or greater
-diesel
-(pre-2006) Probably
-8ft bed
-4x4
-strongly hoping for a manual transmission
-must be able to handle a 15hr trip with no issues or concerns
-utility bed is preferred but not required
-must be able to tow a trailer loaded with a Jeep!

If anyone knows about one for sale within a state or two of Iowa Id be curious to see some info.

But really I just want to hear your thoughts on a similar truck or if Im looking at the wrong things. Tell me what Im forgetting or missing.
pre-2006 puts you before all the diesel emissions ruined the engines. I give this a thumbs ups!

Fords early power stroke is one of the best pickup engines out there. LOTS of options for more power! The 5.9 cummins in the dodge is a solid choice. I have heard about the duramax in the chevy, but only know of 1 guy with one. and that's not a square body.

I assume you want a single rear wheel and not dully. Or are you looking for a serious tow-rig?

Utility bed may be a tougher find.

I would recommend a gooseneck trailer at the minimum. hitch pulls work but the gooseneck is far more stable when hauling a loaded trailer.

4x4 is a given! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
pre-2006 puts you before all the diesel emissions ruined the engines. I give this a thumbs ups!

Fords early power stroke is one of the best pickup engines out there. LOTS of options for more power! The 5.9 cummins in the dodge is a solid choice. I have heard about the duramax in the chevy, but only know of 1 guy with one. and that's not a square body.

I assume you want a single rear wheel and not dully. Or are you looking for a serious tow-rig?

Utility bed may be a tougher find.

I would recommend a gooseneck trailer at the minimum. hitch pulls work but the gooseneck is far more stable when hauling a loaded trailer.

4x4 is a given!
Not trailer shopping yet, but it'll probably be a bumper pull because I'll want a smaller one that fits the jeep but also the lawn tractor. I dont need a big one....yet.

Dually for the truck is overkill but not ruled out. Some are cheaper than SRW

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Requirements are the same, but options have changed a little. I opened up to a newer half ton, but I am very picky so I narrowed it back down to a single config/model/brand. A newer F150 (6 years old - new) with a long bed and extended cab (but not full 4 door) would be a great truck for me as long as it had the 5.0 v8. Ford is the only brand I like making that body config. I have no interest in an ecoboost or minivan with a small truck bed. For this reason I eliminated the Gladiator as well. What an expensive joke of a "truck". So I look, but I haven't purchased. I like not making payments lol

61 - 66 of 66 Posts