Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay with the new lift kit on the way a decision has to be made as to what 31 inch tyres I will run. Don't get a lot of mud over here with most driving being done in red dirt and beach sand, however, I love the aggresive look of the muddies (shallow I know).

Thinking of the Maxxis Bighorn.......any comments what these tyres are like. They sell for about $A320.00 per tyre.

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
59 Posts
how much is that in us dollars? i think im going with the general grabbers, but i could change my mind at the drop of a hat...:D
i also think i may go retreads, mudders, they are great for the desert sand out here.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bighorns or STT's and you cant really go wrong. But I am also curious as to what a320 equals to in USD.
Are we talking about the Coopers STT?

I was told Coopers did a huge recall on their tyres recently because the sidewall was falling apart.

A$320 is about $US220. And if you guys buy them for half the price don't rub it in:D

Rob

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Are we talking about the Coopers STT?

I was told Coopers did a huge recall on their tyres recently because the sidewall was falling apart.

A$320 is about $US220. And if you guys buy them for half the price don't rub it in:D

Rob
They did a recall on their ST's but not their STT's.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The friend that runs Motionoffroad.com swears by the Maxxis Bighorn tire. I've lost count how many Jeeps he has now, and I'm almost sure he runs them on all of them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a set of bighorns on my last cherokee and I absolutely fell in love with them. Behind the MTR they are the best tires I have ever owned. For the price, can't beat them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
BigHorn's Rock!!

Cant say enough good things about them. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SST and Bighorns are about the same price. I can get the STT local but it appears the Bighorns will have to come from the east as I can't find a dealer in WA and that will push the price up.

I'll get either STT or Bighorns - lets see which comapny want to do business.

Out of interest how much do you guys/girls pay for 31 x 10.5 15 STT.

Rob

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Decision made. Ordered 31x10.5 15 Maxxis Bighorns.
After playing the dealers off against each other I got them for $A269.00 ($US175.00) per tyre fitted and balanced.

Thanks for all you advise.

Rob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts