Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UNIQUE 297, Anyone running these on their rig. Can you show me pics of what they look like on your vehicle. I have google pics but I would like to see if any you guys have them first hand. Thanks for all those who reply.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,886 Posts
I don't know about anyone on here, but there are a ton of those on XJs. I hate to say Google is your friend, but look for D Window wheels or Soft 8s on XJs. Probably be too many hits to look at

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Can you use Simple Green to clean these steel wheels?

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
Simple Green should do a good job. I use it for just about any cleaning job. Shouldn't harm the paint.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered these today with a 0 offset. 15x7. Did I order the right size? They had some that were 6 but is 0 better.

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
Well 15x7 is stock size, but I have no idea what a 0 offset is (is it 0 off of stock?). Stock backspacing is 4.5".

I have TrailReady rims that look exactly like that, except mine were only 40bucks each new.

And Im not sure why you need the simple green, just get some wheel cleaner or regular dish soap.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have found that simple green is really good at getting rid of the break dust on the front rims.

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
Ah, I don't have any of that.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well 15x7 is stock size, but I have no idea what a 0 offset is (is it 0 off of stock?). Stock backspacing is 4.75".

I have TrailReady rims that look exactly like that, except mine were only 40bucks each new.

And Im not sure why you need the simple green, just get some wheel cleaner or regular dish soap.
What is the Stock Offset 16?

I found some Unique with the same style with beeds but it was a 13 offset the salesman was not sure if it would fit.
I found this calculator here.
http://www.gtsparkplugs.com/Offset-to-Backspace.html

and according to 7 inch rims with a 0 offset have 4 inch back spacing

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
I have no idea. I measure in inches. My wheels are 15x8inch rims, with a 3.75inch backspace. Stock is 15x7 with 4.75 I think.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Not a good comparison but same wheel style. They 17x9s zero offset.

01 XJ Classic custom front 3 link, HP60 front, Sterling Rear, 110 inch wheelbase
Just a guy in a garage trying to live the dream!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
They look just like my pro comp rock crawler wheels

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Found out the 297 would not fit my application. Salesman said these would. Not sure if I want them. AR172 black 15x8 by American racing. They are an aluminum wheel

Attachments

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I wonder why.

01 XJ Classic custom front 3 link, HP60 front, Sterling Rear, 110 inch wheelbase

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Wonder why they do not have the the 297 or wonder why I am not sure about buying the 172s. I was looking at steel wheels to begin with. The 172s are at a good price of $82. I get $100 prepaid visa if I get a set 4 and a $60 prepaid visa for using my Discount Tire Credit Card.

Edit. I ordered the 172s. I figured they were at a good price with the rebates.

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
Thats what i want next. Just don't want to pay for it.

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
Good buy. I prefer aluminium rims.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts

I agree, I only bought steel because I want to add weld on bead locks. Also in the lug pattern 8x170 or F250/350 wheels all 17x9 aluminum wheels are kinda dumb bro package looking!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I thought so. They came to $403 with lug kit. Les $160 in rebates for ave of $60.75 a wheel. I figured that was a good price for aluminum wheels

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I won't go aluminum again. I hit trails with too many rocks

1 - 20 of 42 Posts