Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Camping in Badlands, In march 5-7 if anyone wants to join. Gonna be wheeling with a group from NAXJA and camping out. From what I hear they have quite the Bon fire. This will be my first camping trip with my son so I am really looking forward to it.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Personally i plan to stay somewhat local this year. A few long weekends in Pa's National Forests and some camping at NAC-Fest in June.

I have a big trip planned for spring 2010 to visit Utah, need to save for that.

Stryker... how old is your son? I found young bucks can get and stay cold easily, take more warm clothing and layer him up. A few extra blankets/comforters over his sleeping bag will help. Also make sure he's insulated from cold ground. You may know all this but i thought i'd mention..

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Personally i plan to stay somewhat local this year. A few long weekends in Pa's National Forests and some camping at NAC-Fest in June.

I have a big trip planned for spring 2010 to visit Utah, need to save for that.

Stryker... how old is your son? I found young bucks can get and stay cold easily, take more warm clothing and layer him up. A few extra blankets/comforters over his sleeping bag will help. Also make sure he's insulated from cold ground. You may know all this but i thought i'd mention..

Thanks he is 11 he will be fine, we already got a few things to help keep warm... hand warmers a lil elec heater some long johns ya know the works.

I spent 7 year playing Gi Joe so i still got a lot of the snivel gear.

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
Hopefully gonna go to Swiss, WV for the big Jeep campout/trail ride weekend July 4th. Everything from daily drivers to tube buggies will be there. I hope to get out on some more camping trips before and after that as well, but we'll have to see how things go.

Ya know why I like camping so much?... CUZ IT'S IN TENTS!... :D

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
Camping in Badlands, In march 5-7 if anyone wants to join. Gonna be wheeling with a group from NAXJA and camping out. From what I hear they have quite the Bon fire. This will be my first camping trip with my son so I am really looking forward to it.
im going to try and make it down there for that.

otherwise over spring break im going to try and get up to the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest for a camp out and light trail ride.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Goin up to kelly flats once i get my new drive shaft...i want to do heart attack hill...i no alot of people that either didnt make it up the hill or broke half way up so it will be fun

·
Registered
311 Posts
Planning a trip down to Silver Lake Sand Dunes in MI this summer, just something different for a change, Oh heres a open invitation if anyone want to come up to northern ontario, awesome trails with some of the best trout fishing too boot, checkout my slideshow of my heep - camping - fishing , you wont be disapointed
click on link below if interested

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
The last weekend of this month I am going up to pillsbury with tons of buddies. So far we have 12 rigs going up so it should be a ton of fun, but idk my work schedule yet so i dont know for certain if I am going. Other then that I have nothing planned. I am more of a "day of" kinda guy :p

·
Registered
557 Posts
Now that sounds like a lot of fun. Got a route planned out and/or places you plan on visiting?

Sorry, i missed this. Were working on a route, it should be a great time.

I would like to see San Rafael Swell, Canyonlands, Monument Valley etc... dont know how much i'll be able to squeeze in next year though, will probably have to go back. ;)

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
I have 2 Michigan 2 track trips planned. 1 spring and 1 fall. Hoping to make Badlands at least once this year. Working for Ford things are a bit tight as far as finances. Just staying close to home fore the most part.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Planning a trip down to Silver Lake Sand Dunes in MI this summer, just something different for a change, Oh heres a open invitation if anyone want to come up to northern ontario, awesome trails with some of the best trout fishing too boot, checkout my slideshow of my heep - camping - fishing , you wont be disapointed
click on link below if interested
let us know when your going to silver lake i want to get up there a guy i work with says its awesome
as for me i might try and make the NAXJA trip stryker is talking about, i will be going down there in june for the CF trip, indina beach campground my wife loves so proably there, im looking in to buying a popup camper so i will probaly camp a lot this year :thumbsup:

·
Registered
324 Posts
I don't know how much camping we will do this summer...

Ex-Governor Chicagovich screwed up the state parks and closed one of our two local campgrounds. So now all the folks from the burbs with their huge ass campers and thousand dollar tents will be trying to camp in the smaller, but much nicer campgrounds they left open here. My family and I used to camp once a month there, but how crowded it will be with city people we may not camp there at all this year.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Sorry, i missed this. Were working on a route, it should be a great time.

I would like to see San Rafael Swell, Canyonlands, Monument Valley etc... dont know how much i'll be able to squeeze in next year though, will probably have to go back. ;)
Np. Sounds like a really fun trip. Multiple trips to Utah would never be a bad thing! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I'm camping slash wheeling the week after i graduate!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts