Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mother to the girl that hit me has still yet to talk to the insurance company! The adjuster has looked at my Jeep and has comeback with the figure 3600. Which is more than enough for my new heep. The only problem is the women want talk to the insurance company, so she has a deadlineof the 24th to talk to them or she is getting dropped from geico and claim is being dropped. It that happens my insurance will pay everything then sue her the the money. Just thought I would let yall know where I stand.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Finney, coming from experience, you need to talk to a lawyer. You could be looking at several years of medical bills and rehab. If the person that hit you was insured, the other insurance company is obligated to provide you with payment for medical bills, loss of work, pain and suffering, etc. But they won't go out of their way to give you anything unless you have representation.

Go see a lawyer NOW!!!!!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finney, coming from experience, you need to talk to a lawyer. You could be looking at several years of medical bills and rehab. If the person that hit you was insured, the other insurance company is obligated to provide you with payment for medical bills, loss of work, pain and suffering, etc. But they won't go out of their way to give you anything unless you have representation.

Go see a lawyer NOW!!!!!
I have full movement back. My shoulder is fine now I go right after the new year for the doc to sign the paper for the insurance.

As for the lawyer we have spoke to a family friend(lawyer). He is saying what the insurance said, "If the lady who hit me, refuse to talk to the insurance company or file a claim then they can drop her and disclaim any involement." Which I don't care if she don't. I have talked to my company and they say if she don't meet her deadline then they will take a "Uninsured motorist" claim and take care of all my needs that invole the accident, including Medical bills, vechicle, and pain and suffing. She is being the stupid one, cuz if she doesn't talk to the company she losses her insurance and has to pay for all the bills OUT OF HER POCKET.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
well good to know that your going to get your moneys worth

·
Banned
851 Posts
That's crazy, I'd still talk with a lawyer, just to cover your but...

My mother was rear ended 15 years ago, than started having pain in here neck this year, they found that it was from the accident 15 years ago. So there stuck paying her bills..

Moral is you never know...

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
it just amazes me how uncaring some people can be. this persom caused a rollover and could have killed the occupents of the vehicle and isnt cooporating or even showing any signs of guilt or regret. what has our society come to? i see this stuff so often that it makes me think of just packing up and moving the hell out of this country, far away from civilization somewhere surrounded by mud.

(sigh)

hope it works out for you finny.

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
I've played that game. My ex t-boned a Subaru that decided to cut her off in heavy traffic. It was the Subaru's fault, no question, and the angy little Asian chick behind the wheel wouldn't contact her insurance company and wouldn't answer when my ex's insurance company called. Luckily we had the police report with her address on it, so we went over and pounded on her door for about twenty minutes (the Subaru was outside...). She never answered, but the next day my ex's insurance called to say that they'd spoken to her and she should expect a settlement in the mail. :D

Just gotta through some muscle at 'em. Me standing outside her window next to my lifted Jeep and looking very angry probably helped. Hope the dumb bish owns up, buddy.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Yeah, but you look like a hooligan True! :rock:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've played that game. My ex t-boned a Subaru that decided to cut her off in heavy traffic. It was the Subaru's fault, no question, and the angy little Asian chick behind the wheel wouldn't contact her insurance company and wouldn't answer when my ex's insurance company called. Luckily we had the police report with her address on it, so we went over and pounded on her door for about twenty minutes (the Subaru was outside...). She never answered, but the next day my ex's insurance called to say that they'd spoken to her and she should expect a settlement in the mail. :D

Just gotta through some muscle at 'em. Me standing outside her window next to my lifted Jeep and looking very angry probably helped. Hope the dumb bish owns up, buddy.

Could and would do that expect the cop told us not to speak to the other party till court, I have to go to court for the cop because she wont even talk tot the cop and is aurging the ticket.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would still play it safe and talk with a lawyer, you never know what can happen.
The laywer i talked to is a family friend but i have read a couple post up.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got that much, but still keep him in the loop on the situation.
I am he knows as much as we do. He has always been good to me. He kept me out of trouble my freshman year of highschool.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It doesn't matter if she talks to her insurance company or not. If she was behind the wheel of a vehicle that was insured and is at fault, then the other company is liable for the damages. The OTHER company will still have to pay YOU. Then the OTHER company can go after the dead beat driver that they decided to insure.

·
Registered
307 Posts
finney, I advise you to pursue this to all hell. heck, call the police and claim she attempted murder with her vehicle and won't call her insurance to cover the deal, ANYTHING you can do to get yourself payed off by HER insurance.

your insurance WILL jack up your rates with this payout. the girl will never pay, and your insurance already knows this is likely as not. so they'll pay out and rape you later. that's how insurance works.

as for injury's.

I fractured my right ankle when I worked at Menards, but the doc they sent me to said it was just a sprain. I went and got my second opinion from a good doctor, and found out the truth. was off work for two months (and it hurt like a sunofa) then it "healed" and they okayed me for work.

few months later, it's STILL hurting though i had no pain when they cleared me for work, and come to find out that my right talus bone is fractured at the cap and will never heal. it's torn nerves in my foot so now some parts of it are going numb. doctor claimed 2% permanent partial disability, and worker's comp. gave me $1300 for it. like a broke idiot I took the $$$, but wrote in cashed under protest on it to cover my ass. come to find out, you actually have to protest before cashing it, and now I'm screwed for life and for surgery...that money was a settlement.

not exactly the same scenario as yours, but take it in mind and save yourself future medical bills. also clear it with your health insurance and let them know that it happened while you were covered by them...then if all else fails they will have to cover you for life.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We are going to pick up a check for the jeep today! Which means I should get my new jeep sometime this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I have full movement back. My shoulder is fine now I go right after the new year for the doc to sign the paper for the insurance.

As for the lawyer we have spoke to a family friend(lawyer). He is saying what the insurance said, "If the lady who hit me, refuse to talk to the insurance company or file a claim then they can drop her and disclaim any involement." Which I don't care if she don't. I have talked to my company and they say if she don't meet her deadline then they will take a "Uninsured motorist" claim and take care of all my needs that invole the accident, including Medical bills, vechicle, and pain and suffing. She is being the stupid one, cuz if she doesn't talk to the company she losses her insurance and has to pay for all the bills OUT OF HER POCKET.
Wait, so I can be at fault in an accident, refuse to speak to my insurance company and my insurance company is released from having to pay out?

I think if I was in insurance I'd pay my insurees to be quite.

I hope you had a rent car this entire time.

Well good luck and I hope it all turns out even better than you hoped.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts