Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I believe the tie rod is more solid,, aka stronger.. I dont think it looks any diff..

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I had to replace mine, bc it was bended, I got a regular ZJ tierod, and its beefier, but between the V8 or the I6 it was the same part number if it was a 4x4... that might help,, the bar is almost the same diameter than the xj one, but its not so hollow inside... HTH

·
Registered
342 Posts
yeah. well i was thinking about doing it cuz i can probably get one from a JY for like 10-15 bucks. I am also putting in a zj front sway bar as well. I need to get new sway bar bushings so i might as well upgrade to a zj sway bar as well from a JY.
What's the benefit of a ZJ sway bar?

On the ZJ tie rod it's solid where as the XJ is hollow.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
are the I-6 the same thing or does it have to be a V-8 to have the solid tie rod?
th 4.0L tierod(moog#DS1311) is a different part# than the 5.2L(moog#1310)....dont know exactly what the difference is??...i dont have either of them in stock to look at.
IIRC, the ZJ V8 tierod is the one that offers a good improvement over the stock XJ one, the I-6 one does not. That's why there are two part numbers listed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts