Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to vent. This old man just really got under my skin good. I thought I have heard it all. But this one will get to yall too. I went to check these old people in and the complained about our prices. So they call Choice Hotels and make reservations in my lobby to my hotel and all they got was 5 dollars off. But that made them happy. Then when he checks out this morning. He ask "Is that your green piece of sh** out there?" And I said why yes sir. He said "well I dont think you should be parking that junk in front of hotel." I said sorry and asked if he would like me to move it. He said "Its too late now, im leaving." I then again said sorry and offered another discount for the problems. That was not good enough. He said he would rather spend the money to have my jeep crushed than stay at my hotel again. It was then when I asked him to leave he was disrupting my other customers. Then you hear someone in breakfast room say "Shut up old man and get the hell out" Im still pretty dang steamed about it. He also told me that I should be a manager at a coal plant than here. And said he will not stop complaining till I get fired. Well I done some research on the old people and come to find out that they complain about everything about every hotel they stay at. Here is a pic of the entrance. Arrow shows where I park. FYI: I have worked here for a year or so and I have always parked there and I have NEVER had ANYONE say anything about it before.

I know that box looks small. But its a general idea of where I park. I moved the jeep before he could leave. Parked pretty close to his lil honda.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Wtf? Are these people bored with nothing better to do? Some people will complain about anything just to get attention. Good for you for not blowing up at him.

I definitely wouldn't have moved though, haha.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My Daughter is in Management in Retail and the fact of the matter is that when dealing with the public, a certain % are A Holes.:brickwall:

·
Registered
872 Posts
That sucks!! You handled that waaay better than I would've!! I would have thrown him out on his a$$ for sure, and prolly lost my job!! Good thing I'm not in public service, it wouldn't last long!! Douche bags like that deserve to have their food spit in!! I'm sure he is a prick in restaurants too!! One thing that could comfort you is that he eats spit, loogies, and boogers on a regular basis!!:thumbsup:

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
Some people are just rude, and certain older people carry an air of entitlement that they use to complain about anything and everything. Sounds to me like this couple does it for gain, as they probably complain at every hotel and restaurant they visit in hopes of scoring some sort of discount or freebie. Complaining about the hotel is one thing, but giving you crap over the car you drive just proves that he's a materialistic piece of crap, and that says alot about his character. I'm surprised he's made it to a ripe old age, since it sounds me to like someone should have beaten him to death years ago.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Wow, my wife gets after me about complaining about reasonable stuff.

Yeah you did good. I wouldn't have let him get away with that stuff. I would have been dimplomatic, but I would have made sure he understood that he was being unreasonable. I do the borderline stuff (while at work). I can generally out manuver people in a conversation, so I would have got the better of him.

There is a little hamburger joint we like to eat at. It is in a strip center.

Everytime we go there all the places by the door are full. About the 3rd time going there I noticed a customized Mustang that was ALWAYS parked up by the door.

The very nice lady that runs the place was taking our order, and I asked her about the Mustang. She said it belonged to an employee. I said that is strange that they park up by the door instead of leaving those spaces open for customers. She said "really?", like this had never occured to her.

Now I'm fat and I need the exercise, but it ticked me off none the less.

If this guy is so concerned about something happening to his fancy Mustang he needs to drive the Honda to and from work, and park his ass 20 feet futher away.

As a "paying" customer I do expect a few things. As far as I know all the cars parked in front of the door were employee vehicles.

Assuming that is the front of the hotel, I am surprised no one has complained about an employee parking there before.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Its not really in front of door. The man had enough room to park anywhere he wanted to. Plus every front desk employee parks there while on duty. I even reserve the right to park in handy cap if I want. Its is my place of employment. Yes those areas should not be parked in. But I was not in front of door. Im by the curb not even under the car port. This man was still mad over the price he had to pay.

When he first arrived he had no reservation. Our regular price for a Non-Smoking double queen is 94.99. He asked for a AAA rate. 10% off. That was not good enough. So I was going to just give the room to him for 75.99. That was not good enough. So he call the Choice Hotels and made reservations. They gave him the room for 80.49. When he realized that he asked if I could give him the 75.99 rate again. I can not change the rates of Choice Hotels (I really can though). That did not please him. So he asked to cancel the room and go somewhere else. Then again I can not cancel his room due to a 24 hour cancellation policy. So he had to take the room.

After someone being like that of prices cut that low for a hotel. I will do everything to not help them as much. I have people that get 10% off find that so greatful. This guy just wanted the room for nothing. But after he threatened the jeep I about lost it. My jeep was never in the way. Never has been. At least I never have to see him again. But yes 50% of people that come in here are a$$holes.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Well Its not really in front of door. The man had enough room to park anywhere he wanted to. Plus every front desk employee parks there while on duty. I even reserve the right to park in handy cap if I want. Its is my place of employment. Yes those areas should not be parked in. But I was not in front of door. Im by the curb not even under the car port. This man was still mad over the price he had to pay.

When he first arrived he had no reservation. Our regular price for a Non-Smoking double queen is 94.99. He asked for a AAA rate. 10% off. That was not good enough. So I was going to just give the room to him for 75.99. That was not good enough. So he call the Choice Hotels and made reservations. They gave him the room for 80.49. When he realized that he asked if I could give him the 75.99 rate again. I can not change the rates of Choice Hotels (I really can though). That did not please him. So he asked to cancel the room and go somewhere else. Then again I can not cancel his room due to a 24 hour cancellation policy. So he had to take the room.

After someone being like that of prices cut that low for a hotel. I will do everything to not help them as much. I have people that get 10% off find that so greatful. This guy just wanted the room for nothing. But after he threatened the jeep I about lost it. My jeep was never in the way. Never has been. At least I never have to see him again. But yes 50% of people that come in here are a$$holes.
To be clear, it's your business where you park. I was just giving you my perspective. I know if it was my Jeep I would want it where I could watch it. ;)

Yeah I think you went above and beyound trying to make the old fart happy. He should have been happy that he received ANY discount because of the 24 cancellation policy alone.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To be clear, it's your business where you park. I was just giving you my perspective. I know if it was my Jeep I would want it where I could watch it. ;)

Yeah I think you went above and beyound trying to make the old fart happy. He should have been happy that he received ANY discount because of the 24 cancellation policy alone.
Oh. its fine. I see it the same way. If it was right in front of doors I would understand. But there was not blocking what so ever. And where I park my jeep I can see it well. Thats my main concern. Jeep means too much for me to park somewhere else. Plus we are right off the highway. Many people come through here. Dont want me jeep messed with.

Update: He did call Choice Hotels. they just called me about the situation. And I let them know what happen. They said not to worry. These people complain about everything. Same thing happen a week ago.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gotta hand it to ya. I couldn't do it without blowing up
Deal with people like this everyday. This is the first one to bring my jeep into it. Thats the only reason I got pretty ticked off. The worst one I have ever had was. This guy did not want the comforter, because the color. He threw a fit in my lobby for almost a hour before he decided he was making a a$$ of himself in front of a bunch of people. That was the worst dumbest one I can think of.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Deal with people like this everyday. This is the first one to bring my jeep into it. Thats the only reason I got pretty ticked off. The worst one I have ever had was. This guy did not want the comforter, because the color. He threw a fit in my lobby for almost a hour before he decided he was making a a$$ of himself in front of a bunch of people. That was the worst dumbest one I can think of.
Should have told him to turn off the light to fix the color problem :rofl:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Should have told him to turn off the light to fix the color problem :rofl:
:rofl::rofl: Im sure I could piss off alot of people. I can always come back with some good smarta$$ answers for people if I wanted to. But I need the job to keep the jeep. So I just keep my mouth shut.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I've said it for years, between the morons that come into the Big Orange Hell, and all the retards that thought they could work on (read: murder) their own cars cuz "It didn't look too hard", remember this...
The Customer is Usually an Asshole.
Anyway he's probably just bitter that his pecker hasn't worked right since Nixon was in office...

Next time, usually if you stay calm and use really big words and turn it into a therapy session, they don't know what to do. And the more around the better...Then they feel extremely dumb...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thats why I no longer work with the general public. I got a 3 day suspension from my last job because some Mexican guy got all pissed i didn't know Spanish and i told him to take a flying F all the way back to Mexico until he learned English. turns out he knew descent English and went to my boss about what i said.My main boss thought i was in the right but the Big boss didn't like it to much so i got a 3 day vacation.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Thats why I no longer work with the general public. I got a 3 day suspension from my last job because some Mexican guy got all pissed i didn't know Spanish and i told him to take a flying F all the way back to Mexico until he learned English. turns out he knew descent English and went to my boss about what i said.My main boss thought i was in the right but the Big boss didn't like it to much so i got a 3 day vacation.
There is something F'd UP with this country when you can't say Merry Christmas and people think it is your responcibility to learn THEIR language.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is something F'd UP with this country when you can't say Merry Christmas and people think it is your responcibility to learn THEIR language.
amen to that i go out of my way to say merry christmas to people this time of year just cause i like to stir the pot on stuff like that. And the language thing is what really bugs me. I work at a brick plant and we have about 30 hispanic people and most of them know english and will use it. but there are a few who dont know it and dont wanna know it. and i have told everyone one of them that them and there whole family should be deported untill they learn english.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
amen to that i go out of my way to say merry christmas to people this time of year just cause i like to stir the pot on stuff like that. And the language thing is what really bugs me. I work at a brick plant and we have about 30 hispanic people and most of them know english and will use it. but there are a few who dont know it and dont wanna know it. and i have told everyone one of them that them and there whole family should be deported untill they learn english.
My mother and father in-law only speak Spanish. They came here legally ahhh 35 years ago. I can promise you they don't expect anyone to speak Spanish to them. If push comes to shove they get one of the kids to go with them (doctor, etc...) They are both fine people and have treated me as well, or better than my own family. I've learned not to label someone just because I don't speak their language, or they mine.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts