Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Grand Cherokee when your at a stop light it will vibrate a little dose anyone know what would be the problem it is a 4x2 4.0 some one said it could be the transmitting support bushing??

·
Super Moderator
10,301 Posts
How many miles on your engine? Is it a engine miss? Like a bad plug? Does it stop of you hold your foot on the brake and rev the engine a little? Is your a.c. on when it happens?

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
To check your motor and tranny mounts . Start the vehicle with the hood lifted . Put one foot on the brake . Put the Jeep into drive and then reverse and watch for a lot of movement of the engine up and down. You can give it a little bit of gas and that should make it really noticeable. You should have a little bit of movement. You may also hear a clunk when shifting from D to R.

Reactions: Gluckmysock

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To check your motor and tranny mounts . Start the vehicle with the hood lifted . Put one foot on the brake . Put the Jeep into drive and then reverse and watch for a lot of movement of the engine up and down. You can give it a little bit of gas and that should make it really noticeable. You should have a little bit of movement. You may also hear a clunk when shifting from D to R.
i did that no clunks i runs smooth while driving just when you get to a stop but when you take it out of gear it is smooth only vibrates when in gear?

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Maybe your exhaust is hitting something or a heat shield vibrating? Just spitballin' .

Reactions: Gluckmysock

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
I had something like that when my exhaust was clunking on the transmission crossmember. Lay underneath and have a helper shift between Neutral and Drive gears. You might see it lean and clunk when the engine has a load to it. You don't see it at idle because you are in park or not enough torque on it. I just bent my exhaust hanger a little and fixed it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i think i'm just going to get new motor and transmission mounts and go from there .
Thanks everyone for your reply's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts