Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warrior just announced their new 97-01 XJ front tube doors. :thumbsup:

JeepinOutfitters - Warrior Products Tube Doors, Front, XJ Cherokee 97, WP-90851

Price is $279 plus shipping. They're expecting to have rear doors available for the 97-01 XJs by mid summer.

2-dr tube doors are also now available for 84-96 XJs! They'll be priced at $299.

(Photo is of 84-96 XJ but the 97-01 doors look exactly the same. Mesh kit sold separately).

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I don't suppose these would fit a '94 with some tweaking? I can't remember if there's any discernable differences between pre and post '96 other than the front and rear design changes.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't suppose these would fit a '94 with some tweaking? I can't remember if there's any discernable differences between pre and post '96 other than the front and rear design changes.
Tube doors for the front and rear of 84-96 XJs are already available (see link in afbond03's post). The hinge design changed completely in 1997 though,which is why the tube doors are year-specific.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I like these a lot, and when there are available in set of four for all doors I will probably buy some, however as on now, the only speakers I have are in my doors...cruisin up to my favorite camping sport in the summer just wouldn't be the same without my tunes.. I have see some rear sound bars in the back of some jeeps, just not sure how difficult that would be to install..

any one have them on pre 97?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So wait, you have a 97 XJ without a rear sound bar? I think that's the first new body style XJ I've heard of without the rear sound bar...

On older XJs the rear sound bar was an optional add-on (my 95 has one), so it was actually a separate piece. But on 97+ XJs it's actually molded into the headliner, so the headliner and "speaker bar" are all one giant part.

·
Registered
69 Posts
yeah mine doesn't have one, I was thinking the same thing, that all 97's have them. I swear my xj is a little different than everyone elses. Mine also has not roof rack track either (like the top roof of mine is smooth, nothing on top) plus when I got it came with heavier skid plates that I had ever seen on a stock jeep before too.

but yeah I have the tan interior, with the black vinyl floor, instead of carpet... If I wanted to add a read sound bar, it would mean I would have to first find a tan one, or find complete tan headliner w/ sound bar and install it, Or I could get one at junkyard and redo the felt part of headliner black to match black vinyl

Ill take some pics and show u what Im talking about..

·
Registered
69 Posts
maybe, I bought it for screaming deal, has a salvage title, only paid $1800 for it, with 118K. the guy I got it from got it from an auction, he told me it was salvaged because it had been stolen, a day after I bought it I was cleaning it up, found a bag of white stuff, behind glove box when I was installing Ipod hook up... Took it to the corvallis police department...so not sure if it was pre owned by police..

anyone else see an xj like this??

oh yeah and anyone have the tube doors on their pre 97 xj??

·
Registered
69 Posts
anyone ever see ajarmor website, he has xj tube door, but you can click on the link, were getting 90 degree weather I need tube doors?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the same jeep but mine is just a cherokee not a sport no stock rack or back speakers... on in the driver and passenger doors. But might do some cutting for a complete surrond sound :)

·
Registered
900 Posts
mine being a 96 sport. it has no roof rack tracks, HAD a mini console (being one small cover around the shifters and a small cover over the e brake handle.) but mine has a sound bar in the back, witch before i bought mine i had never seen before in a pre 96.

·
Registered
151 Posts
where can I get that vinyl floor?! I really like that! is it possible to get a 97+ to work in a first gen cherokee? Those tube doors are pretty sweet too...this thing is worse than my Mustang...I just keep wantin to throw money at it lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
RE3600 my 98 xj is the exact same as yours, no roof rack, no rear soundbar and has vinyl instead of carpet, also has the the ext. idle switch beside the fog light switch, black and grey interior but it is white exterior. Definitely a police jeep. Still no one ordered these tube doors yet? I'm ready to go doorless just not completely doorless lol

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I Dont have tube doors but I have half doors. I wish I could make some tube doors. Hmm....... maybe I will break out the bender and make some Cuz I like the way they look

1 - 16 of 16 Posts