Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think my '98 might be dead...:dunno: After the whole overheating thing, so I went to start it up today, since it's like a balmy 14 degrees and all, just to get things flowing, and the thing has a hard time getting going (which I figured) and then it caught, but smelled like something was burning and it was running like all hell, and my 'check gauges' lamp was lit :confused:... So I shut it off. I was a lil curious about what was happening, so I fired her up once again, same thing... :devil:
I still haven't gotten to the thermo, flush and whatnot (which is what was causing the overheating we figured), the u-joints and the rear brakes...
So I think that last lil overheat might have killed her, but I'll keep ya posted on what's up.
It might be awhile though, I don't have a garage and it's a little chilly outside... :devil::brickwall::dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
With know prior knowledge or experience I'm thinking it may be a bad sensor.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would pull the codes, but I don't have an OBD-II scanner here... I'm hoping for snow cuz at least then it would be a lil warmer and I can go play around on it...In fact I might go F with it now...I just have to layer I guess...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts