Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tranny is gone, could barely make it to 30mph tonight and when I got where I was going the smoke and smell was awful. Until I find a new job it has to sit unless I find someone willing to donate a tranny or someone has one I can do some work for to pay for it :brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall: :dunno:

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Triple what led up to this failure? Was it up to the line on your dipstick? Did it have Dextron in it? If those were all up to par then you might try to find a new to you TPS from the local J/Y. TPS will let the tranny slip because it locks and unlocks the torque converter. HTH a little. AW4s will stand up to lots of abuse B4 dying. Mine has been through 3 TPSs and over 300,000 miles so far and I would still take it coast to coast without much more than an oil change.

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
Man i hate to hear that. I hope you get a good job soon... the way the economy is going everyones doing rough.... Just stay faithfull and it will happen.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know the feeling brother. Sometimes the Jeeps just hybronate. Heck I've had one sit 6 months, damn ax-5. lol. You'll get it rolling soon enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts