Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks good, i like the wheels, and the micky tompsons

did you like the trux mt when you had them were they good on the road? would you recomend them?
No....NO.........NO! ;)

For off road only, yeah. They were a big reason for the change.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yea looks really good. Wouldn't mind getting away from my black 8's either.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Well you guys know I like the, how do you kids say it, the bling bling.

I understand why you want to use the re-bendable steelies, but $50 for a steely or $100 for the bling...

I think it looks great, and face it she isn't a trailer queen, she's something you drive everyday. Might as well be capable and look good at the same time!

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
looks good, i like the wheels, and the micky tompsons

did you like the trux mt when you had them were they good on the road? would you recomend them?
Did you have the radials or bias ply?

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Love the MTZ's they are a great tire, when I have to replace my Baja Claws I am going with the MTZ

I would LOVE to have the Black 8's also I HATE my wheels cause they are on about 90% of Jeeps out there and the mud we have here has lime in it so you have to consitantly polish them or they look like crap

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Mudd! I LOVE the rims... if backspacing (not a fan of spacers) wasn't an issue, I'd still be running them on my XJ!
Yeah i thought the backspacing was gonna be a problem but it's not. I rubbed all over the bumper with my soft-8's and 31's. With this stock backspacing and 32's, i don't rub at all. It comes close to the control arm but who cares about that. I am about 1/4" away from rubbing on the leaf spring clamps out back, but it clears so it's all good. I almost got spacers for it but decided to wait and install them to see if everything clears and it does. I know i'm stuck with a 10" wide tire though, any bigger and it'll hit the leaf springs.

Hi Kyle :hi:

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Love the MTZ's they are a great tire, when I have to replace my Baja Claws I am going with the MTZ

I would LOVE to have the Black 8's also I HATE my wheels cause they are on about 90% of Jeeps out there and the mud we have here has lime in it so you have to consitantly polish them or they look like crap
They are a great tire. A BIG improvement over the trxus. These are "E" rated tires and they surprised me by running smooth. I figured E tires would be rough like my gf in bed but I was wrong. Their specs is something like 3184 lbs at 80 psi :eek:

The tank-like rumble at slow speeds (similar to my ex-ltb's) is pretty cool too :)

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
They are a great tire. A BIG improvement over the trxus. These are "E" rated tires and they surprised me by running smooth. I figured E tires would be rough like my gf in bed but I was wrong. Their specs is something like 3184 lbs at 80 psi :eek:

The tank-like rumble at slow speeds (similar to my ex-ltb's) is pretty cool too :)
if they are anything like my Baja Claws the closer they get to being bald the louder they will get, I sound like a 737 getting ready for takeoff at over 55mph. But you air them down and they will stick to anything and I hear the MTZ is JUST AS STICKY. I can't wait till I replace my Claws with them

1 - 20 of 20 Posts