Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty much what the title says.

Been pouring over fuse box diagrams on the internet and can't find what I am looking for.

Going to try and put a auto dimming mirror from a WJ in my XJ.
Out of the 5 wires only care about 2. Power and ground.
The write up I am using says to wire the power to a ignition on only circuit. Which makes sense.
What he does not mention is anything about using an inline fuse.

So I am wondering what amp fuse is used for the auto dimming mirror?

Thinking not much.
All the Junction Box and PDC diagrams I look at don't seem to list it.

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
it is in the PDC, but was unable to find any other info

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
it is in the PDC, but was unable to find any other info
Thank you. It's a start. I will concentrate on the PDC's in WJ's and see if I could find it.
Thinking there is one, not much if it is a dedicated circuit which I doubt, but just curious all the same.

·
Super Moderator
9,796 Posts
Here are the diagrams for an 04 GC. I didn't include the page for RHD, but can if you think you need it.

·
Super Moderator
9,796 Posts
try refreshing the page. It works fine on my laptop and my phone (android)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never been good at reading schematics. And since there is other stuff on that circuit, I did not expect it to be a dedicated circuit, guessing it is a 10 or 15 amp fuse as shown in the schematic. So thinking if I do use a fuse start with a 5 amp and go from there. The write up did not even mention using a fuse. Somebody told me that they tapped directly into one of the ignition on only wires to the overhead console in their XJ. We shall see what happens if and when I actually get to this little project.

·
Super Moderator
9,796 Posts
If you have an overhead console, I can give you the wiring for that too. The rule of thumb is the fuse is based on the size of the wire. I'm on my phone right now but can look closer on my laptop,when I get home. Here is a quick lesson. The parts marked "junction block" are the fuse box in the cab, under the drivers side. All the fuses in these schematics indicated are either 10 or 15amp. Big bold letters/numbers are either grounds, connectors, or splices. Grounds begin with a G followed by a 3 digit number. Connectors begin with a C followed by a 3 digit number. And the splices begin with an S followed by a 3 digit number. Grounds will be secured to metal and can have multiple circuits attached. Connectors will have a number indicating which pin that wire attaches too. The wires are colour coded. BK is black, RD is red. BR is brown. BL is blue. VT is violet, Y is yellow, WH or WT is white. Some wires will have 2 identifiers, such as BK/VT. Which means the main wire is Black and has a colored Violet stripe or tracer. Hope this helps clear up some of the confusion. If you need more help, please drop me a message with your phone # and I'll explain it.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have an overhead console, I can give you the wiring for that too. The rule of thumb is the fuse is based on the size of the wire. I'm on my phone right now but can look closer on my laptop,when I get home. Here is a quick lesson. The parts marked "junction block" are the fuse box in the cab, under the drivers side. All the fuses in these schematics indicated are either 10 or 15amp. Big bold letters/numbers are either grounds, connectors, or splices. Grounds begin with a G followed by a 3 digit number. Connectors begin with a C followed by a 3 digit number. And the splices begin with an S followed by a 3 digit number. Grounds will be secured to metal and can have multiple circuits attached. Connectors will have a number indicating which pin that wire attaches too. The wires are colour coded. BK is black, RD is red. BR is brown. BL is blue. VT is violet, Y is yellow, WH or WT is white. Some wires will have 2 identifiers, such as BK/VT. Which means the main wire is Black and has a colored Violet stripe or tracer. Hope this helps clear up some of the confusion. If you need more help, please drop me a message with your phone # and I'll explain it.
Most of what you wrote I know. It was actually following the schematic trying to determine if the mirror used the 10 or 15 amp in the diagrams.
That I could not figure out for the life of me. Trying to follow the lines from the Junction Box to the mirror.
Also all the fuse box diagrams I look at just don't seem to mention the mirror.
They do mention other stuff on that schematic but not the mirror along with the other stuff.
I have it covered on the overhead console schematic with my '00 and '01 XJ FSM's that I have.
Thank you though.

·
Super Moderator
9,796 Posts
Here is the junction block and fuse for the auto mirror. remember, this is from an 04 Grand. but it tells you what fuse and the size.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts