Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kinda low on cash and I finally my final outline of plans for my XJ. But for right now are there any cheap/easy to fix up an XJ?

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
What type of things are you tryin to "fix"? Or are you looking for simple/easy/cheap mods?

You can add a CB and antenna if you don't already have one. You can install new tie-downs in the cargo area because the factory ones aren't that great. You can buy and mount a fire extinguisher.

I'd start out with getting any and all maintenance items up-to-date.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What type of things are you tryin to "fix"? Or are you looking for simple/easy/cheap mods?

You can add a CB and antenna if you don't already have one. You can install new tie-downs in the cargo area because the factory ones aren't that great. You can buy and mount a fire extinguisher.

I'd start out with getting any and all maintenance items up-to-date.
I've still got that electrical problem with the ignition switch or whatever, if you or anybody else remembers that thread I made. So the CB is on hold until I get that problem fixed.

I have a fire extinguisher, I just have to figure out how to mount it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i wouldnt waste my money on intakes/engine bolt ons. imo the 4.0 is strong enough already, and the few horses you might gain from an intake or whatever else just isnt worth wasting the $ on.

as far as cheap lifts and stuff... im on my 4th build and you can spend about as little or as much as you want on one of these; thats why i love them, they can be cheap to build. example: my very first one, i trimmed the fenders, bought 3.5 tj springs from bds for the front, and bought 3 inch lift blocks for the rear. threw some 33 boggers on it and i was on my way.

thats about as cheap as it gets! no steering mods, no heavier duty upper n lower arms, i ran this setup for a rear until i sold it to a friend. the guy who has it now still runs it just like this, only prob hes had is breaking axle shafts but hey whats new? if ur gonna wheel factory axles their gonna break.

i would go shackles instead of blocks though, ive learned ALOT since those days.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I've still got that electrical problem with the ignition switch or whatever, if you or anybody else remembers that thread I made. So the CB is on hold until I get that problem fixed.

I have a fire extinguisher, I just have to figure out how to mount it.
I read a thread about wiring in a push button start. I can't remember where but if you are interested when I see it again I will put it on here.

·
Registered
444 Posts
the ignition problem is MORE than likely your neutral safety switch.. its located on the passenger side of the transmission.. its triangle shaped and has one bolt in it up on top.. take that loose and pull down on that body as hard as you can while tightening that bolt.. its not in the column at all

·
Registered
444 Posts
as for other fix up ideas.. not sure if your lifted or not but you could make a bastard leaf pack and coil pucks for a 3-4in lift..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts