Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

24601 - 24620 of 24635 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Sweet find!

I have one that is probably 20+ years old. I Love mine. I also thought they were extinct. YOu know, they work too good. Gonna have to do a little googling mee self.
Even the label on the ones I bought kinda looks like the label on the one I used to have. Of course it was over 20 years ago and my memory is not what it use to be. LOL.
Anyway,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MY1FTSD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I remember them being great. If my coworker hadn't showed me his I never would have even thought about it.

EDIT: Them bastards. I literally just bought these a week ago. Before tax. $10.25 with free shipping no $25 minimum. I don't have Amazon Prime.
I just looked at the page. Now $13.58 before tax and free shipping if you order over $25.
That sucks.

·
Super Moderator
9,793 Posts
Damn, they are up to 15.13 now. But I have prime so shipping is free.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hey I just looked at that link again and now it is back down to $10.23 but free shipping with over $25 or if you have Amazon Prime.
Why do they do this?

·
Super Moderator
9,793 Posts
OMG WTF? I didn't know they did that. Grrrrr...... If only I would have waited. :brickwall:

·
Super Moderator
9,793 Posts
Wow! 9.43 now and only 20 left. So glad I got mine at 15.13. :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
785 Posts
Wow! 9.43 now and only 20 left. So glad I got mine at 15.13. :rolleyes:
This is starting to get ridiculous.

My Mom back about 45 years ago used to work in a department store.
They had this policy call Adjustments.

Basically if you bought something and the price went down they would refund the difference.

I want to say there was a time limit. 30 days maybe. And you had to go to the store while the lower price was in effect. You just needed your receipt.

My Mom used it when sales were coming up. Knowing about the sale ahead of time if there was something she wanted she would buy it before and then get the Adjustment during the sale. This gave her a chance to grab something before stock got picked down during the sale.

Now a days I guess it is called the price match guarantee.

Where I was going with all that is I wonder if Amazon does something like that?

On a positive note those scrapers work as well as I remember.

Had that thin sheet of frost/ice on the front windshield.

My plastic scraper would have probably given me 3 lines about an 1/8" across the width of the scraper. Would have been there scraping back and forth, up and down, in circles, etc. LOL.

These did one clean scrape in one shot the full width of the scraper.
Just like I remembered. MLOL

·
Super Moderator
9,793 Posts
Given that it is sold by a vendor and not Amazon, I doubt they have want policy regarding it. But I will ask.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
So for the past three years I've been kicking the new year off by doing a trail run. This year was no different, I organized a new years trail run with our group. (Front Range 4x4). Sorry no photos but it was quite interesting running this trail without chains. Trying to bomb up a snow/ice cover trail and not making it to the flat spot and then sliding backwards down the trail, so sketchy I had to change my shorts when I got home. Really sorry usually I pull out my camera for at least enough time to get a few pics. But was having way to much fun to bother with it. I got off the mountain with out any trail damage on my Xj but my buddy was not as fortunate. After we started down the trail to head home he was called by some other members higher up the trail for help. He headed up there and on his way back down he got sideways against a tree. Bashed in his rear passenger door. So we will have to search for a pre-97 xj rear passenger door at the j-yards this week.

·
Registered
785 Posts
So my goal every October is to not have to touch the Jeep till the following Spring.
Well so much for that happening this year.
First it was the relay.
And by the way my driver's window stopped working but it is up so I ain't touching that till Spring.
Think the regulator crapped out but.....
Yesterday the Jeep was running a little funny.
I could feel what I thought was an intermittent miss.
No CEL. When I threw the scanner on her there was no pending codes either.
I have this little theory. So it is Winter and cold then you get a warm spell.
I figure some condensation builds up in the gas tank. So when this happens I throw some dry gas in.
Anyway that has been the weather around here for a bit.
So this morning I start the Jeep and oh yeah.
CEL flashing on and off, sound like it is running on 5 cylinders, etc.
CEL finally stays on and sure enough. P0304.
So I figure the Copper Tops have about 20K them. Which as we all know is really 40K.
So simplest thing first. Pulled the plug out of cylinder #4 and replaced.
Seems OK. Cleared the CEL and we shall see.
Should have replaced all the plugs last April when I pulled them to check. LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
738 Posts
That same thing is on my list to do at least after I get it back to driving normal. Now thinking maybe I should just change the plugs it can't make things worse lol.

·
Registered
785 Posts
That same thing is on my list to do at least after I get it back to driving normal. Now thinking maybe I should just change the plugs it can't make things worse lol.
Assuming the plug is the problem this was my fault.
I pull my plugs every April just to give them a look.
I should have replaced all 6 this past April.
I even have them in "stock". LOL.

·
Registered
785 Posts
So as always while hesitant to claim victory I drove the Jeep around the block a bunch of times.
Seemed OK so I went to my P.O. Box which really just around the corner anyway.
I purposely did not clear the code with my scanner when I put the new plug in and started her.
Let her run for a few moments, seemed fine, CEL stayed on, shut her down, and cleared the CEL.
Now I know when you do this all the monitors clear too. So they all read N/A.
Until you drive then they start coming up.
What I am curious about is how much, if anything, does the ECM have to relearn when you do this?
I figure little if anything cause why do we go through the trouble of disconnecting the battery when we do
something more significant. Like upgrade to 4 hole injectors.

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
When you clear the memory, it goes back to preset factory parameters. In theory it is always learning since the ECM is supposed to instantaneously make small corrections from what happened a microsecond before. But these Chrysler ECMs seem to be slow learners

·
Registered
785 Posts
But is clearing a code with a scanner the same as doing the routine where you disconnect the battery, ground out one of the cables, do the headlight thing, etc?

In my Jeep all the monitors are up and in an OK status in about 26 miles. Whether I clear everything using a scanner or that routine above. As long as my gas tank is at least 3/4's full for the Evap monitor.

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
Yes, when you clear codes, you basically clear everything in the memory and is starts over

·
Registered
785 Posts
So this is kinda strange. Stalking Ebay and I come across a listing that says this:
jeep cherokee xj parts accessory 97-01 heated seat switches
Starting bid is .99 and free shipping.
No picture though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/jeep-cherokee-xj-parts-accessory-97-01-heated-seat-switches/233447614579?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

So thinking it is just one switch, probably all beat up, thinking I''ll bid .99.
Here is what I received today.
So it is a little beat up. Couple of the tabs are broken but if the switches work should function as it is supposed to.
With tax $1.05. LOL.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
very nice

24601 - 24620 of 24635 Posts