Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

24641 - 24660 of 24668 Posts

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Check my build thread for details, but I ran a dry compression test tonight. Might do a wet one yet, but that may also be tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I put new n3 rc shocks on and changed the oil in my dodge

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
823 Posts
Awhile back my driver's window stopped working. Figured today was a nice day so I would check it out.
The original regulator had what I believe to be that worm gear problem that when you kept your finger on the
button it tried to keep going up when already there.
The first Dorman Regulator lasted about 6 months. The Dorman I just took out about 6 years.
Well I had an extra one from some doors I bought awhile back. The motor in that works just like the original but
the regulator itself is more screwed up wanting to keep going both down and up with your finger on the button till
you release it.
So since the motors are what is crapping out on the regulators decided to see if I could swap a Mopar one, which says
Desno on it by the way, to the Dorman regulator.
No joy.
The spindle on the Dorman regulator that the gear sits on is smaller. Does not fit in the little cup in the white plastic.
Oh well get to warranty another.
DSCN1163.JPG
DSCN1161.JPG
DSCN1162.JPG

·
Registered
823 Posts
So I got the new regulator in. See how long this one lasts.
I decided to take one of the original Mopar and see if I could figure out why they do what they do.
So I basically pretty much destroyed it taking most of it apart. Nothing jumped out at me.
I did notice that there what looked like a stop at the bottom. A little worn cause I compared it to the stop at the bottom of the other one.
Which got me thinking I wonder if there is a stop at the top of some sorts.
The one that had the bottom stop worn wanted to keep going up and down. The other one only when going up.
I wish I had not already installed the new Dorman one cause maybe comparing them would have clued me in.
Sorry no pictures, know how much you guys like pictures (LOL), but it started to sprinkle and the winds kicked up.
I had to shut down really quick so.......
I am going to go back at some point and see if I can figure out what's up with the regulators though.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Just ordered some Napier Flat Flares. Doug just rolled out a new website And I was the first order placed on the new site! Woohooo!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Resurrected an old laptop either last year or the year before.
What I use in the driveway with more involved projects.
Hasn't been turned on since last year.
Pulled it out this morning to let it update. LOL.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Looked at it while I hopped in the car to go to work. And now im looking at a set of cyl head stands on craigslist that magically popped up since Ive started messing with my head replacement. Very tempting.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Looked at it while I hopped in the car to go to work. And now im looking at a set of cyl head stands on craigslist that magically popped up since Ive started messing with my head replacement. Very tempting.
What are cylinder head stands?
Never mind.
I don't know why I just did not Google it in the first place. LOL.
Man for what they are those things are more expensive then you would think.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Yes, theres a set of 4 bluepoint ones for 30 bucks.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Update: I bought the head stands. $25/ for 2 pair. Can always flip em for more

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,928 Posts
Those are pretty cool and as cheep as they are, I'd keep 'em

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Did an intake swap and header on my uncles jeep. Boring the TB sometime this week.

·
Super Moderator
9,928 Posts
Veddy nice!
I was gonna put the horseshoe intake in mine, along with a pacesetter header. But since the header was hitting the front diff, I went back to the stock manifold and intake. I figured, no sense in getting more air in if you can't get it out. I wish I still would have installed it. I still have the intake but sold the header. They look so much better.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
It's the eBay special header. Fits kinda. Perfect didn't have to clearance the header with a hammer like the 95 intake

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Did you blast that or paint it Pizzaman? Looks good. Im blasting mine starting tonight. Gonna be very very slow going with my setup. Im looking at headers/manifolds too, but being 2001, Im not sure what people are doing with the 2 cats on the downpipes and the sensors with them?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
This is a 96 xj. I pressure washed it. Then we painted it with aluminum paint. It's held up for 3 years on my Jeep

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Got my new cylinder head! Check my thread for details

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Scrubbing away oxidation and crud. Wirewheels and wire brushes so far.

Attachments

24641 - 24660 of 24668 Posts