Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

24841 - 24860 of 24897 Posts

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Ralph, do you have all your interior mods in one thread? If not, you should. I doubt there is another thread on the internet with as detailed descriptions and modifications/restorations to an XJ interior.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Ralph, do you have all your interior mods in one thread? If not, you should. I doubt there is another thread on the internet with as detailed descriptions and modifications/restorations to an XJ interior.
No. It is either just all common sense stuff or stuff that I have learned about by Googling it.
Nothing groundbreaking going on here. LOL.

·
Registered
989 Posts
You speak a strange language! Refoam a speaker, does 3M sell that in a can?
No. The stuff in the can is adhesive remover. I use that to help clean up all the old cracked foam.
I did this awhile back to the front Infinity Speakers in the Jeep.
So figure I would try with the subwoofer.
You can buy a kit.
But that is for another day. LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Lifted it 2" more to about 6.5" total. Added 2" spacer up front and adjusted my shackles in the relocation boxes. Needed to cure my track bar vs front dif issue during compression. Also swapped in my old Bilstein 5125s since this rendered the OME shocks too short. Rides like a damn caddy again.
20200711_084037.jpg
20200711_130005.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts

Got a rock puncture on a gravel road today. Damage was more than I was comfortable patching so rolling on the spare until my new one gets in Tues or Wed.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
I ordered parts! And I've been driving it to work everyday for a week now. Mini is down for an axle (now fixed, but still throwing codes). More on the Jeep in my thread.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
I put in a bpe and cussed a lot. Now Im shopping for rear shocks...maybe

·
Registered
989 Posts
So I glued the outer part of the foam down. Got a little sloppy in a couple small places.
Shouldn't effect anything though.
Also a shot of it put back together.
Seeing if it works will wait till another day though. LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Problem found. A mechanics stethoscope is something I have neglected to add to the tool shelf, but I got close with my regular medical stethoscope then used the screw driver to the ear method to narrow it down to the water pump. After cooling off I popped the radiator cap and found the shiny sparkles in the coolant. Got everything pulled out and prepped for when the pump gets here tomorrow with exception for pulling the pump and flushing the system. So all will be well soon enough.

Reactions: Gluckmysock

·
Registered
142 Posts
Not bad for a 19 year old Beijing Jeep Corporation pump. Cant say I've seen too may BJC marked parts on US Jeeps.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Heck of a lot better than the last NAPA one I had... kinda bums me out honestly. I've never seen BJC stuff before.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Last night I channeled my inner Ralph and got out the metalprep and opened up the POR15. My shackle relocators came so rather than prime/painting I'm hoping this will hold up better. Unfortunately i ran out of brushes for the second coating. So tonight i get to scuff and redo it all.

Attachments

·
Registered
989 Posts
Last night I channeled my inner Ralph and got out the metalprep and opened up the POR15. My shackle relocators came so rather than prime/painting I'm hoping this will hold up better. Unfortunately i ran out of brushes for the second coating. So tonight i get to scuff and redo it all.
Looks good.
Be curious how your job holds up on the cleaner metal.
I think what cleaner metal I have POR 15'ed is holding up OK.
But I am not entirely convinced that is is the right stuff for cleaner metal.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Looks good.
Be curious how your job holds up on the cleaner metal.
I think what cleaner metal I have POR 15'ed is holding up OK.
But I am not entirely convinced that is is the right stuff for cleaner metal.
I know for a fact it works great on clean or bare metal. You can check out my Sears trailer thread sometime and see what I used there. For this, these came bare metal with a residue on them. Hard to tell if it was oil or anti-spatter welding spray. I hosed them down with Brakklean, then after they dried I hit them with POR metal prep, which gives a zinc etching and really helps the POR15 to stick. The coating from last night seems good, but I realized I only had one brush so I tossed it into a jar of gasoline and it didn't even touch it. When I came back out later to do a second coat, the brush was garbage and the gasoline was still clean.

24841 - 24860 of 24897 Posts