Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

24921 - 24940 of 24945 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
So you guys are probably going to think this is pretty stupid.
But not having this on my Jeep was bugging me. LOL.

A couple weeks ago I was going to deal with it. The bolt had snapped and I was going to drill it out.
Was punching the center for drilling and knocked all the whole rusted piece out.
So I figured would throw a rivnut in there and see if it would hold in the kinda oblong hole that was left there
in the upper radiator support.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Sold Toothless this weekend. Bye buddy, I’ll miss you.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
So about a week ago I tried to eyeball the Mopar trailer hitch I picked up to see how it would play with
my factory gas tank skid and my factory rear tow hooks. Well factory tow hook on the driver's side and took a
second one and had it reconfigured to use on the passenger side. Not really sure why they did not make one for real.
Anyway I could not tell for sure. The only way to find out is to bolt it up. So I wasn't going to refresh it till I knew it would
work but when I bolt it up and if it works do not want to take it back down to refresh it.
So figure do that first. Also if it does not work I will be selling and would give it a quick once over anyway so....
So I have been using the Evap-Rust inside the tubes. This is just the one side.
Before and after.

Now on to the other side.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
So I finished messing with the Evapo-Rust inside the tubes, the ones that run left to right, on the trailer hitch.
It is cleaned/degreased and Metal Prepped. Going to let it dry really good before I refresh it.
Thinking about squirting some of the Eastwood Internal Frame Coating in the tubes.
I have some lying around from previous projects.
POR 15 the rest. Just going to spot it in the problem areas though with the POR 15.
Not doing the whole hitch.
I might just slosh around some POR 15 in the tubes too and turn it upside down to let the excess pour out.
But not today.
I know how much you guys love my shots of POR 15 drying so stay tuned. LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Clutch went out on my way home Friday, stuck in gear and clutch pedal just flopped. Got a new master/slave assembly from Nappa and twisted myself all up under the dash to get it installed yesterday. All went in fine with a little cussing, now i just have to let my twisted back recover.

Reactions: XJSuperman

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
That is one sexy box. What are the dimensions of the drawer?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
So I decided to use the Eastwood Internal Frame Coating in the tubes of the hitch.
Cause I had it lying around.
Spayed in there without the wand, let it run down the sides, and puddle up at the bottom.
Figure give the puddle at the bottom a bit to work its way into any crevices and whatnot.
Hit it with the wand to insure coverage, hung it upside down, and let the excess drip out.
Do the same with the other side after the paint dries for a bit.
And don't worry.
I will not forget to post that exciting shot of POR 15 drying as promised when I get to that part. LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
Figure the hitch will be 2 different shades of black but don't care.
You're slacking Ralph, this "don't care attitude" is my thing usually. hahaha

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You're slacking Ralph, this "don't care attitude" is my thing usually. hahaha
Yeah funny you should call me on that.
Got a look at the side that is out with the reflectors and sticker on it.
I "dry brushed" a little of it.
When I got a good look at it in the sunlight turns out I might care.
But I might just be able to leave it out in the sun.
The POR 15 will turn it's ashy gray and maybe match the rest of the hitch. LOL.

·
Super Moderator
10,448 Posts
I put a4" zone lift on a buddy's 05 TJ a couple weekends ago. Instructions say 5-7 hours. Took me 10 hours Sunday and 11 hours Monday. I let him take my jetta home, he lives in Pittsburgh. He gave the jetta 2 thumbs up. He sat and watched me work. He is in his early 60's. And was a major distraction. I forgot to tighten a couple bolts. Gawd that made me so mad. I am usually really anal about stuff like that. He drove it for a few hundred miles then brought it back so I could go over every bolt, some needed snugged up, which is normal on a lift.

·
Super Moderator
1,129 Posts
Did to my XJ put the ball hitch in the receiver. Did with my XJ. Hooked it to my '73 Mako 20 ft to move it. I keep it on a part of our property where it's surrounded by woods. With hurricane Sally expected to just miss us to the east we're getting a lot of wind so I moved it behind the house. Maybe I'm overly cautious but I had a tree fall on another boat during hurricane Gustav. Better safe than sorry.

·
Premium Member
9,264 Posts
Stay safe

Reactions: Gluckmysock
24921 - 24940 of 24945 Posts