Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

25001 - 25004 of 25004 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Yep, OWL was awesome to deal with. Its one of my most watched youtube vids. Zack? I think was the name of the guy I dealt with. The difference in brightness of the interior is amazing when you swap to LED.
So much better with their kit.
I went back into my emails with them. It was either Wayne or Jason that I have dealt with.
I have been so happy with their product and customer service that every time LED's come up I post about them.
These are the kind of companies that we need to stay in business.
Who care, actually stand behind their product, and are more then willing to work with you.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Yep, OWL was awesome to deal with. Its one of my most watched youtube vids. Zack? I think was the name of the guy I dealt with. The difference in brightness of the interior is amazing when you swap to LED.
I'm curious to know if they have a complete kit for the older xjs... how easy was it to swap out all of your interior lights?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
So I've been very busy with my Xj, came across a set of axles loaded with 4.10 gears month ago so after the trail run we did Saturday, I have started swapping them out. Did the rear brakes on the rear axle I'll be starting front when I get the track bar drop bracket for it. I can't wait to see how it drives with these gears.

I also am half way through with building a roof rack. Since I started doing overlanding type trips I can use the extra storage that I can strap up there. (Taking pictures so I can post a write up on how I built it.)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'm curious to know if they have a complete kit for the older xjs... how easy was it to swap out all of your interior lights?
You can go here and see what they have.

Now I just did the interior lights. Footwell, hatch area, lighted visors, and overhead.
Looks like some depending on the application are still available.
Was easy enough with the exception of being worried about breaking the plastic lenses when removing them.
20 year old brittle plastic and all. And this was on an '00.

Never done the cluster, tranny/transfer bezel, and other dash board lights.
So I can't comment on that. But looks like some might be available for that too.

Also plenty of write ups concerning doing the cluster, etc lights piecing together LED's off Amazon, etc.
I always read them when they come up cause I might consider doing those if I ever go into my dash.
But I don't really see the sense in it personally. Some guys do it for brighter lights at night.
Mine seem fine to me. Some guys do it so their dash looks "cool". Not something I really care about either.
Bottom line is I probably would not do it.

But there is one thing I do wonder about.
I have replaced a few switches, fog and rear wiper, on my '00.
What happens is they melt a little inside.
So my stupid theory is I wonder if the bulbs are helping this happen.
Seeing how LED's supposedly run cooler wonder if it would help.
Replace the on indicator and symbol illumination bulbs in the switches with LED's.
Frankly it is probably more a wiring and not so great design thing for the switches that make this happen.
Maybe one day I will start a thread and ask. Then everybody can tell me that it is the stupid theory that I think it is. LOL.

25001 - 25004 of 25004 Posts