Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well lets hear it! What do do outdoors?(relating to hunting, fishing, jeeping, and/or camping) Where do you do all of these activities and how? What you hunt or fish if anything? Please try and list most of your equipment relating to each outdoor activity(besides the obvious.)

most importantly though, post pictures of it all!!!:thumbsup:

:pop:

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
I snow board, dirtbike, and go back packing.

I only have one video of me dirtbiking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWcx12tZltk
Here's my first day learning to snowboard. This was 2 years ago btw.

I'll probably stop doing any sports though for a good month because I just crashed on my dirtbike pretty hard yestarday. I rattled my brain pretty good and got a concussion.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I lust for finding scenic camping as far from civilization as possible. Then i really enjoy exploring the area and scenery. I'v done this as far west as Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and as far Northeast as the northern tip of Nova Scotia and south to Tennesee/ Carolina's.

Every now and then we find rental cabins to enjoy as well. There are some great places in our National Forests if you take the time to search them out.

I enjoy fishing, specifically for Trout these days. Found myself in Northern Maine on a secluded lake, with a flyrod during a mayfly hatch... that was amazing.

Wonder what's down that road and around that corner.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Well lets hear it! What do do outdoors?(relating to hunting, fishing, jeeping, and/or camping) Where do you do all of these activities and how? What you hunt or fish if anything? Please try and list most of your equipment relating to each outdoor activity(besides the obvious.)

most importantly though, post pictures of it all!!!:thumbsup:

:pop:
I walk to the Jeep, drive somewhere, walk in, stay awhile, walk out, drive the Jeep home, walk in the house.

I was outside a long time once, oh yeah! I was putting fuel in the Jeep!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I walk to the Jeep, drive somewhere, walk in, stay awhile, walk out, drive the Jeep home, walk in the house.

I was outside a long time once, oh yeah! I was putting fuel in the Jeep!
INTENSE!!!:brickwall: :rofl:

I mainly just take my dog for walks out in my backyard(I live in the country so my backyard is HUGE.) I go camping with boy scouts, and I love to go hunting!
;) :cheers:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok this is my post i go wheelin alot,fishing but i mostly hunt i killed a 6x6 bull elk when i was 16 years old it scored 315 Shot alot of turkeys, antalope, and deer this year i shot a 5x5 bull elk my brother shot a cow i have hunted every weekend twice since sep 1st i work for STILLWATER OUTFITTERS it is a waterfowl hunting company but between my brothers and i we shot 300+ geese this year around 50 ducks any other hunting questions ask:rock:

·
Registered
175 Posts
that is bad ass i wish i worked for an outfitter. i take my jeep up to rifle gaps, colorado during deer season and go 4 wheelin and huntin ha its hard to do both but my two favorite things in one is sweet lol i got a new pup its a yellow lab that i hope to train for birds, cant wait!!!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hunting: Upland bird, waterfowl
Fishing: Anything that swims
Dirtbiking: Only pics of this year. They're just at my orchard, not really a mx guy, more enduro for me.

Snowmobiling: These are from two weekends ago.

Sorry they're so small, the pics are from my phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
I enjoy fishing, specifically for Trout these days. Found myself in Northern Maine on a secluded lake, with a flyrod during a mayfly hatch... that was amazing.

That's me right there. I love to fly fish. I have a couple of good spots around my house & office. There's a great little river within 10 minutes of my house that has good sized browns & some big native brookies.

My office sits right on the bank on the Kennebec. I can look out my window to see Flyfishing Only, which is a great Orvis shop. I keep saying I"m going to get a laptop mount for my canoe & conduct all my business on the river. :D

I want to get up to Rapid River this year.

Rapid River Fly Fishing Maine

·
Registered
158 Posts
All pics were taken on Long Beach, WA. except the very bottom photo, that is Beards Hollow on the Long Beach Peninsula.

This.

and this.

and this.

and this too.

Yes, that is my sons hand in the window. He gets a kick out of wheelin' with dad. And he's only 2 1/2.:rock:

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Hunt: Geese,Whitetails,Ground Hogs,
Play Golf,Mushroom Hunting, Camping,ride my Bicycle
Just want to be outside

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hunt: Geese,Whitetails,Ground Hogs,
Play Golf,Mushroom Hunting, Camping,ride my Bicycle
Just want to be outside
I tried mushroom hunting. Every time I shoot one of them, there's just nothing left to eat. Damn 12 Ga. :rofl:

I used to ride my quad almost daily until someone was nice enough to liberate it from me. I was an evil quad rider I guess.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
9,248 Posts
I fly kites at the coast.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I like to be outside as much as possible. I work outside all summer on a big lake up here in northern MN. Im a barge operator/field welder for a dock company. I like to fish for esox fish. (pike and muskie) Ice fishing is also a passion of mine. Snowmobiling all year around-summertime snowmobiling on open water is a great time. Im sledless now tho.:(

Also like to browse u-pull parts places in the summertime.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I like to be outside as much as possible. I work outside all summer on a big lake up here in northern MN. Im a barge operator/field welder for a dock company. I like to fish for esox fish. (pike and muskie) Ice fishing is also a passion of mine. Snowmobiling all year around-summertime snowmobiling on open water is a great time. Im sledless now tho.:(

Also like to browse u-pull parts places in the summertime.
Alright, another guy that rides:thumbsup:

For me its mainly dirtbikes/motocross, snowmobiles, cutting wood, fishing and hunting.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I hunt deer, bear and boar, like to fish and camp and also do a little caving. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 103 Posts