Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my gfs great aunt died and she has to go to michigan for the weekend with her mom and her mom doesnt want me to go cause she says we spend to much time together. this saturday is our 6 month anniversary too and even if we cant do anything special..i still atleast want to be with her. her mom still is probably gonna say no and i help her mom out alot from fixing s*** to helping move s*** to re-arrange furniture and s*** cause her "hand hurts". so much s*** is going on and im getting so pissed off. i usually go down to this empty stretch of road and drive around with all my lights on not giving a ****. go with my gf at times to. thats my way of just trying to get away since we cant go on a vacation due to school and her mom being a basket case. any other ideas on getting rid of all the anger? i dont take it out on my gf at all thats for sure. i love her to death and would never hurt her. i normally go driving if shes at work. i just need to get away with her somewhere from all this s***. :devil:

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
What I do when I get angry is get in my jeep, take a back road and listen to my favorite music as loud as I can stand it. If that doesn't work, I call a few friends and go shoot pool.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Go to the shooting range

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
You don't like to be controlled, no one does. Maturity teaches us to worry about the important stuff. 6 months together is pretty weak, so I'd calm down and let the mom have her way.

If you really want to get pissy about it, break up with the girl.

Chances are good that your girl will jump all over her mom as it would be her fault you broke up with her. Next time the mom MAY stay out of it.

Bottom line I wouldn't go, and I wouldn't worry about it. Find something fun to do.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
my gfs great aunt died and she has to go to michigan for the weekend with her mom and her mom doesnt want me to go cause she says we spend to much time together. this saturday is our 6 month anniversary too and even if we cant do anything special..i still atleast want to be with her. her mom still is probably gonna say no and i help her mom out alot from fixing s*** to helping move s*** to re-arrange furniture and s*** cause her "hand hurts". so much s*** is going on and im getting so pissed off. i usually go down to this empty stretch of road and drive around with all my lights on not giving a ****. go with my gf at times to. thats my way of just trying to get away since we cant go on a vacation due to school and her mom being a basket case. any other ideas on getting rid of all the anger? i dont take it out on my gf at all thats for sure. i love her to death and would never hurt her. i normally go driving if shes at work. i just need to get away with her somewhere from all this s***. :devil:
go fishing or hunting that is what I do or beat the hell out of my jeep and fix it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
whenever I am upset a 7 mile run around the lake does the job plus its good for you!

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Go to the shooting range
Me too!! couple hundred rounds at the target which in your mind is the cause of your mood usually relieves it for me.
A few 45-70 rounds to wake me up then a huindred of 45 cal and another hundred of 40 cal.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nah theres no way im breaking up with her. i love her way to much. but all this stuff just gets over-whelming..

·
Registered
557 Posts
Do any of the people in the family know you? Other than the GF's mom?

Hate to say it but nows not the time for the family to meet you, a death in the family is a family affair... not a boyfriend of 6 months. Sorry, but i'd make the same call.

Get together with some friends and go do something enjoyable.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts

Hate to say it but nows not the time for the family to meet you, a death in the family is a family affair... not a boyfriend of 6 months. Sorry, but i'd make the same call.

X2

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

Sorry I got to agree also. Now If you have meet most of her family MORE THAN ONCE, and knew her grandma real well that would be different.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
I've been with my girlfriend for 5.5 years, started dating at the end of our Junior year of high school. I have to admit that I'm with the mom on this one as well. My girlfriend and I live .25 of mile away from each other, but when we started dating, we didn't see each other more than twice a week. It gives you the chance to get to know the person without getting too close.

Like Blue said, you've only been together for 6 months, you have no place in being with her family right now. They still don't know you well enough, regardless of how much you do for her mom. In her mom's (and family's) eyes, they don't see you as a permanent thing. You're both young, and to them your chances of breaking up are higher than being together for a long time.

Just take it easy, hang with your buds, go wheeling, just have a good time. Call her and keep in touch - let her know you're there for her if she wants to talk, tell her you love her (ONLY if you really mean it - don't just throw it around), and tell her to send your condolensces to the rest of the family. If you guys stay together, then eventually their trust towards you will grow, and these things will not be as dramatic and they'll actually be OK with you being there with her. Everything in due time my friend. The more irrationally you behave, the more it'll make her mom and family think that they made a good decision by not letting you go.

I'm sorry for her loss, and hope that her and her family as coping as best they can.

·
Registered
607 Posts
You made your entire point when you said "girlfriend" instead of "wife."

Your relationship is not currently committed in anyone's eyes other than your own, and you're not yet a member of each others' family. You can support her beforehand, and support her when she gets back, but it's not your place to go along - you're not a member of her family yet. And no-one is sure if you will be (probably not even you two, at this point. Six months is a fairly new relationship - even if it is forever in Hollyweird.)

Short form - round up some buddies and do something fun. Go to the range and blow something up. Have a "Lad's night out."

If you two were married, I'd be saying something different. Hell, if you two werw affianced, I'd say something different. But, your relationship isn't fully committed yet - so this is my story and I'm stickin' to it.

As far as what do I do when I'm cranked off? Depends on who's doing the cranking and how. Fortunately, I don't get cranked off very much anymore (years lend perspective,) and when someone does manage to do the job, I'm usually justified in taking rather more direct action about it. Just because you see someone walking with a limp doesn't mean he's an easy target, as some punks have found to their discomfort (or, more usually, injury.)

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
As for what I do when I'm P.O., I usually like to wrench or just spend some time alone doing things I like to do. I like to organize and make sure my tools are in order, usually with music playing in the background and a cold one in-hand. In the summer time, usually heading to the shore is enough to get everything into perspective.

Most important thing to learn while you're young is to think things through before you react. It'll help keep things in perspective, and it'll help prevent you from making stupid decisions that may come off as immature and/or stupid.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well im not overly pissed about the whole going out of town thing..its understandable i know that. and i know some of the family, not all of them. we were friends for about a year before i asked her out and i met some of her family then too, but more or less, it was how her mom said it that got me. where she started going off about it. i know others dont see it as to long, but weve found we have alot in common and cant really find anything we dont like about eachother. she is into vehicles and likes going offroading and especially loves mud :thumbsup:

i have put off all my projects this week waiting for this weekend and weve got family coming over sunday and theyre relatives i dont really like so ill be in the garage all day putting in a couple more lights and doing other stuff to the jeep. only problem is i cant wrench when im pissed cause i tend to throw s*** and swear alot. then i end up injuring myself somehow.. but im not pissed anymore cause i had a great night :) just kind of sucks we cant do anything special for this anniversary and i kind of wish i was working now and making some $$$ this weekend.

oh well, ill probably get a bunch of friends together and break some s*** on the trail so i have something to fix. met some guys with lifted chevys on 35s on the trails today after i hit a snow bank..see if they wanna go wheeling.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts