Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some usernames are self explanatory ... like mine. But I've always wondered about some others ... like what was bowtieguy thinking when he decided on a username? chebby? or geek? Lemme hear the stories behind your unusual username guys!

And the "story" behind mine ... well most members in my Jeep Club are TJ, CJ, YJ guys and they love to call my Jeep a stationwagon. It ticked me off sometimes even though I can go places some of them hesitate to tackle. So I decided to take the sting out of it by adopting the old saying: if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. If I call it a stationwagon too, now they'll get no pleasure out of doing so. It works. I'm thinking of getting a sticker saying "STATIONWAGON" or something like that.

So let's hear it :pop: .

·
Registered
642 Posts
Mine's pretty simple. I took a pic of my XJ on the edge of a cliff once. And because of the angle of the light and the angle of the pic, I just said to myself "looks looks like some kinda Jeep God" . And thus the name was born. I just added the "XJ" part so people know that a Jeep God is really an XJ :p:D:D

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
well my name is andREW people at work call me REW because of my brother working there,then one day this old man that i work with who puts ster at the end off everybodys name (joester,samster,nickster......) called me rewster and it stuck as a nickname cause my bro. working there brought it elsewere :thumbsup:

ps i think bowtie has a couple chevys :D

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
Moto (I love to dirtbike) Xr (my first bike was and xr100) Dude (well, I'm a dude)

·
Registered
608 Posts
It's easy since the imaginations here are overly active...
Bowtie: Chevy
Guy: I am one
3: Earnhardt Fan

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Belto is the only nick name that has stick with me for many years, my complete name is Alberto

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
XJ - I drive it
Jeep - XJ is one
Thing - because it is
LOL

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
WJ...Cuz it's a WJ
Craig...Cuz It's me!
:cheers:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Add @??.net and You have My email address.;)

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Mud = I love it
Deprived = I am

:(

·
Registered
330 Posts
Being an AVID deer hunter, and taking most of mine with a muzzleloader. I shoot a Thompson Center Firehawk...hense the name.:D

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Back when I had my first 4x4 (mid 80's) I subscribed to a 4 wheel magazine. I'm not sure how they messed up my last name, but at least they got the mailing address correct. The name they had on the mailing label was Tony Mudderoy.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still wondering about names like elnino, parabat, sidedrifter ... and there are still some others out there that make me scratch my head ...
Where are you guys?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Back when I had my first 4x4 (mid 80's) I subscribed to a 4 wheel magazine. I'm not sure how they messed up my last name, but at least they got the mailing address correct. The name they had on the mailing label was Tony Mudderoy.
lol... And here I thought you were named Roy, and liked getting muddy...hence
Mudderoy (Get it??? Mud-De-Roy)...

(I know, I'm dumb at times...:p:hi:)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts