Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best long arm kit for your money?
I'm thinking about going with a 5.5"/6.5" long arm kit with 33"/34"ers x12.50's. So if anyone has pics with that kind of set up. That will help to.

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Check into the BDS kit as well or the Rock Krawler

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IMO I would go with the TnT kit, comes with a mean bellyskid aswell. No welding needed for those whom cant weld.
I agree that's what polar has I believe. Ive seen that thing in action! The only thing I don't like is that the belly skid is a pain in the ass to remove if you need to get under there.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
I agree that's what polar has I believe. Ive seen that thing in action! The only thing I don't like is that the belly skid is a pain in the ass to remove if you need to get under there.
Ya thats true, but I would much rather wrench for an extra 45 minutes then be dragging the TCase along the trail.

·
Registered
11 Posts
for the money:

rk or tnt

rk is on the cheaper side of things, but you get a good kit, tnt is a little more pricey, but you get what you pay for, and either kit is worth it.

the only other kit i would run is probably the full traction 4 link, but the price is up there compared to rk or tnt

·
Registered
378 Posts
if i could do it again i would get a LA fit that the arms don't connect to the belly pan... don't get me wrong I love my belly pan just with the long arms attached to it it is a pain to remove or service the tranny pan
While I agree having the arms mount to the crossmember makes things more difficult if/when you need to drop the crossmember... how often do you really have to do that? In the 13 years I've owned my XJ, I've had to drop the crossmember once. And that was only to install the braces for my RE control arm drop brackets.

Sure, it'd be nice if the TREKS Y-link had a drop-out center section like RE's kit does, but to me at least, it's a non-issue, or at least not nearly as important as ground clearance and overall design.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
While I agree having the arms mount to the crossmember makes things more difficult if/when you need to drop the crossmember... how often do you really have to do that? In the 13 years I've owned my XJ, I've had to drop the crossmember once. And that was only to install the braces for my RE control arm drop brackets.

Sure, it'd be nice if the TREKS Y-link had a drop-out center section like RE's kit does, but to me at least, it's a non-issue, or at least not nearly as important as ground clearance and overall design.
I would have to agree, I prefer a more "bulletproof" rig at the cost of a minor inconvenience.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
cant change your tranny filter without removing it and i have had to do that after taking on some water
You can change your filter without removing the tranny itself if that is what you are referring to.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts