Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
'08 Grand Cherokee Larado 4X4 with issues for the time being
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a wire, coming out of a wiring harness, lying between the battery and the fuse boxes. It has a purple wire, and a black with a green stripe wire.
Also, there is some corrosion on one of the terminals inside the plug at the end.

Gas Thumb Wrist Electric blue Nail

Please don't just post a picture of a wiring diagram. I can't make heads or tails of them, and it would not answer my question.
Also:
I DO KNOW the difference between a plastic tube with copper wires inside, and an electrical connector on the end, and a vacuum line

·
Premium Member
10,307 Posts
Wiring I don't think would help you there those look like vacuum lines either capped off or connected

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Wiring I don't think would help you there those look like vacuum lines either capped off or connected
Looks can be deceiving. I know what a vacuum line looks like, and I know what electrical terminals look like. I also know what a weather proof connector looks like, and this is one. This is a freaking wire!

I've not saying they don't exist, but I have yet to see a vacuum line color coded in this fashion
Finger Eyelash Automotive lighting Tints and shades Circle
This is a shot of the open end. sorry it's a bit blurry.

·
Premium Member
10,307 Posts
Our heater valve lines are that purple color

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bet they're larger than 18-20 gauge wire too

·
Premium Member
10,307 Posts
I was thinking that those looked big enough in the pic you supplied. I don't have a pic currently, and mine at 34 years old have bleached out enough that only where they are covered are they that color under the hood. Not sure about yours, but all my vacuum lines are color coded for the HVAC

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking that those looked big enough in the pic you supplied. I don't have a pic currently, and mine at 34 years old have bleached out enough that only where they are covered are they that color under the hood. Not sure about yours, but all my vacuum lines are color coded for the HVAC
Your Jeep is, as you stated is 34 years old. Don't you think there may have been a design change or two to the Jeep in 34 years? Especially since within that time period, it has been bought out by the Daimler Chrysler Corporation?
This in itself demonstrates that you DO NOT have an inkling of a clue what you're talking about. Yours IS NOT the consummate Jeep that all other Jeeps are copied from. I don't know about your Jeep, and frankly, I don't care about your Jeep, Just the issues I am having with mine at the time.

Not sure about yours
You only have to READ my signature to know everything necessary regarding inquiries about my Jeep.
Although not required, it was strongly suggested in another forum (not Jeep related) to put the specifics of your vehicle in the signature, so those trying to help you would know what they're dealing with. This is why I made my signature as it is, to make it as easy as possible for those who would actually want to offer some help or useful input on the topic at hand

Now in conclusion
Stop being a F***ing Troll and only post S**t of which you actually know about. and LEAVE ME ALONE!
And Thanks for screwing up a thread that I simply wanted an answer to a question.
I may re-post it at a later date, but for now...

·
Premium Member
10,307 Posts
OK Arlie, no more posts from me

·
Super Moderator
11,075 Posts
We try very hard as a forum to treat everyone with respect around here and don't tolerate flaming or disrespectful talk to other members. You ask questions and people try to help. To get nasty with a long term member who has OVER 10,000 post is not what I as a moderator am willing to tolerate. This thread is locked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.