Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on changing out the U Joint on my front driveshaft. The one closest to the transfer case. The only one that hasn't been changed yet. I think I heard it squeaking last Tuesday.

Good excuse to buy a vice for my workbench!

Also I have two more RED LED rock crawling lights to install. These will be going in the front wheel wells to shine down on the front of the front tires.

Semi Jeep related: My wife just got her Christmas present this past Tuesday. A Nikon D300. We went and picked up a lens locally. Nikkor 18-200mm with VR (image stabilization). We'll be using the Jeep to go take pictures this weekend ;)

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
I'll be watching my XJ sit in my driveway, maybe drive it around while doing errands.

It needs ball-joints, shorter rear brake lines, e-brake cables, passenger side front u-joint, redo the cargo tie-downs.

None of the above are absolutely crucial. The ball joints are due for replacement, but not totally shot. The current brakelines are fine, just too long - the XJ stops perfectly. The ebrake cables I need because I swapped to discs. Passenger side front u-joint needs replacing because it's due.

In the past month I've done: Diff fluid changes, Diff cover upgrade, oil change, greased everything, driverside front u-joint, my buddy did an alignment, we balanced the 33's, disk brake swap, new cargo area tie-downs, re-tuned my CB, changed a brake light bulb, among other small odds and ends.

Now work has slowed down :( and cash flow isn't as high, so these all have to be put on the back burner until I build up some funds again. No wheeling this month either.

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
I will be pulling the entire interior out to let it dry. I took my jeep for a swim :p

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
working as usual and i wish i could say working ON IT but no time. I get to sit in it though so i'm happy :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts