Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
well..is all based on experience...i will buy from rusty any day...just like i keep buying...:cheers:

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
you cant blame such a thing on rustys....and his products have an excelent warranty.....but i have never get to use it....:cheers

its all in the installer as well..

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
not all of it...but most...i could buy the most expensive long arm kit out there....and if i forget to torque it...or put something...or didnt check for everything fitting right something is going to go...and something bad will happend...

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
I have Rusty's springs and i say ROUGH COUNTRY! :D i don't hate them, they ride fine and sit level just like any other spring. I just prefer RC because of their customer service, SUPER FAST SHIPPING (always 3 days), and great products.

I do hear ALOT of breakage with Rusty's parts (mainly the trackbar) and rarely anything with RC.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
I personally don't like Rusty's products. I've read many negative things about his suspension parts, and it just doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth. I also bought his engine/tranny skid, and true to what I had read of many of his parts, NOTHING lined up properly. It took me 4 hours JUST to install the engine/tranny skid. The cross-member that he send me for the front of the skid was warped, and the holes for the LCA bolts didn't line up, the holes on the actual skid didn't line up with the pre-drilled holes on the cross member. It was a mess, and this was all after I exchanged everything for a second set thinking that it was just a manufacturer error.

I won't deny that he's a nice guy to deal with, and his shipping time was good in my dealings with him, but unfortunately I wouldn't buy anything from him again if I have the option to.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sorry... but for me the answer is none of the above...

I don't trust anything from Rusty that has welds...
And I don't buy ANYTHING from RC.(VERY,VERY,VERY bad experience with their products and complete lack of any customer service). The old saying is they put the ROUGH in Rough Country....

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
cant you make your own? its cheaper and you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
I totally agree with this. I'd say go with Rubicon Express. Save up your coins and invest in a top-notch lift right away. Their kits are complete, include everything you need. You have the option to go with AAL or Full Packs (better option), and they have great customer service as well.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
you cant blame such a thing on rustys....and his products have an excelent warranty.....but i have never get to use it....:cheers

its all in the installer as well..
Yeah I have the Rusty's adjustable lower arms and when one of the bolt holes ovaled out I sent it in and was replaced no questions asked

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
I personally don't like Rusty's products. I've read many negative things about his suspension parts, and it just doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth. I also bought his engine/tranny skid, and true to what I had read of many of his parts, NOTHING lined up properly. It took me 4 hours JUST to install the engine/tranny skid. The cross-member that he send me for the front of the skid was warped, and the holes for the LCA bolts didn't line up, the holes on the actual skid didn't line up with the pre-drilled holes on the cross member. It was a mess, and this was all after I exchanged everything for a second set thinking that it was just a manufacturer error.

I won't deny that he's a nice guy to deal with, and his shipping time was good in my dealings with him, but unfortunately I wouldn't buy anything from him again if I have the option to.
I second the engine skid. Took me about 2 and half hours to install that simple thing. Grind here....cut there....grrr.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts

I don't trust anything from Rusty that has welds...
And I don't buy ANYTHING from RC.(VERY,VERY,VERY bad experience with their products and complete lack of any customer service). The old saying is they put the ROUGH in Rough Country....
When was this? Recent? I've dealt with their CS a few times the past couple months and they were the best.

·
Registered
324 Posts
When was this? Recent? I've dealt with their CS a few times the past couple months and they were the best.
I bought a lift from one of their dealers. The dealer wouldn't honor the warranty because the part clearly failed from a manufacturing problem. The company wouldn't honor the warranty because I bought the lift from a dealer and wouldnt force the dealer to.

So I got smart.. took thier crappy parts off my Jeep and never again use any thing that they had a hand in building....

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
Do what I did a piece your lift together. What I did is found some RE 3.5" springs and leafs for $200, then bought RE LCAs. The rest I bought from rough country; trackbar, quick disconnects, and shocks.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Of the two, I say Rough Country. I had their 3" and now their 4.5 coil springs and will order again from them if I ever feel the need for different springs.

Do what I did a piece your lift together. What I did is found some RE 3.5" springs and leafs for $200, then bought RE LCAs. The rest I bought from rough country; trackbar, quick disconnects, and shocks.
:agree:
Find used RE stuff and this way you get the good stuff at a fair price...

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
I bought a lift from one of their dealers. The dealer wouldn't honor the warranty because the part clearly failed from a manufacturing problem. The company wouldn't honor the warranty because I bought the lift from a dealer and wouldnt force the dealer to.

So I got smart.. took thier crappy parts off my Jeep and never again use any thing that they had a hand in building....
If you had pm'd Grimm over at NAXJA, he'd have that part shipped to you at no charge and fast. Really cool dude. I had issues with my 4.5" drop brackets and he sent me a part free, and i didn't even ask for it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts