Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 329 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

870 28 gauge - Winchester Defender 12 gauge - Kbar knife - AK47 - 10/22 with Bushnell scope - Beretta 92FS - Glock 27 - Taurus Mill Pro - Rossi 38

Beretta 92fs - Fobus hoslter - Fobus dual clip - (Total 45 rounds!)

Glock 27 - Fobus hoslter - Fobus clip and Surefire 6P - (20 rounds)

Taurus Mill Pro - PT140 - Fobus holster - clip - (20 rounds)

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
^ That is glorious.

Since I'm still poor from my college days, my arsenal isn't nearly as impressive. A few knives, some Japanese sais, one big ass viking sword, and a Glock 22 .40 cal.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ That is glorious.

Since I'm still poor from my college days, my arsenal isn't nearly as impressive. A few knives, some Japanese sais, one big ass viking sword, and a Glock 22 .40 cal.
lol you have what I've been wanting to get for over a year. A glock 22. I even tried to sell my Beretta 92FS so I could get it.

Guns are fun, plus the neighbors think you are nuts. :rofl:

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
The 22 is a great gun. I've shot the Glock 9mm full-size and sub-compact, and the full-size .45, but I went with the .40. It fits perfectly in my hands, and it just feels really well balanced when it fires. Like all Glocks, it's as smooth as can be.

What model Glock is that in the 3rd pic?

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 22 is a great gun. I've shot the Glock 9mm full-size and sub-compact, and the full-size .45, but I went with the .40. It fits perfectly in my hands, and it just feels really well balanced when it fires. Like all Glocks, it's as smooth as can be.

What model Glock is that in the 3rd pic?
It's the Glock 27, also 40 cal. That FOBUS holster will fit the Glock 27, or 22 which is another reason I want the 22. I am large enough (and be able to conceal) to be able to carry the Beretta, so I could carry the Glock 22. I like the idea of the high round capacity. More squirts to hit the target.

The pistols are 9mm, 40 cal, 40 cal, and 38 special. The 38 is my wifes gun. I'm trying to get her to like the 40.

·
Registered
342 Posts
No pics but here's what I have..
Rifles: Savage .308, Steven .243, Mossberg 30-06 - All 3 have Nikon scopes and are used for different game animals..
Shotguns: Mossberg 835 and 935, and a Charles Daly MaxiMag - 835 slug, 935 turkey, Charles Daly for waterfowl.
hand Guns: Sig 9mm, S&W Sigma 40 and a Taurus 357 I take hunting with me. Sig I carry and the S&W I leave at home next the the bed..That way if I am gone the wife can use it..

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
It's the Glock 27, also 40 cal. That FOBUS holster will fit the Glock 27, or 22 which is another reason I want the 22. I am large enough (and be able to conceal) to be able to carry the Beretta, so I could carry the Glock 22. I like the idea of the high round capacity. More squirts to hit the target.

The pistols are 9mm, 40 cal, 40 cal, and 38 special. The 38 is my wifes gun. I'm trying to get her to like the 40.
Yeah, the Glock 22 is suitable for concealed carry. I have a paddle holster that I use when I go camping and it hides it well under a jacket. I'd like to find an inside the waistband holster for it for the summer months, but I may just go for a sub-compact if I ever have enough money.

Dang, now I have the urge to go shooting......

·
Registered
606 Posts
No pics winchester 16 gauge pump savage over under 20 gauge mag 22 mag stevens double barrell 20 gauge 10\22 ruger iver jonhson 22 revlor western six 22 revlor also have 22 cal VL rifle made by daisy heddon it shoots caseless ammo it is basically a paper wad with a 22 cal bullett nose glued to the end of it.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Jesus Frickin' Hell....:eek:

WTF do you need all that crap for???

I could understand a couple of different rifles for hunting, maybe one or two handguns for sport shooting but what about all the other junk?

How much money have you guys spent on these weapons collections?

How many firearms does a guy need?

The lady with more then two or three cats is usually known as "The Crazy Cat Lady"...

...just sayin'...:peep:

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Jesus Frickin' Hell....:eek:

WTF do you need all that crap for???

I could understand a couple of different rifles for hunting, maybe one or two handguns for sport shooting but what about all the other junk?

How much money have you guys spent on these weapons collections?

How many firearms does a guy need?

The lady with more then two or three cats is usually known as "The Crazy Cat Lady"...

...just sayin'...:peep:
lol, liberals. When the zombies come you'll understand. :D

There are still two I want to get, well three actually. The Glock 22, Bushmaster AR15 type and a Remington 700...

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
lol, liberals. When the zombies come you'll understand. :D
Liberals? Not exactly...

Now...these Zombies. Do we have any idea as to WHEN they might be coming?

I'd like to leave early enough that I'll enough time to check out some touristy stuff on the way to your basement... :D

Seriously though...I don't care to impose on your ability to collect your arsenal...

...I'm just curious on why?

How much cake have you invested in your collection?

How often do you get out and play with these "Big-Boy Toys"?

Do you actually shoot all of those on a regular basis? Or do you like to have them just for the sake of having them?

:peep:

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Liberals? Not exactly...

Now...these Zombies. Do we have any idea as to WHEN they might be coming?

I'd like to leave early enough that I'll enough time to check out some touristy stuff on the way to your basement... :D

Seriously though...I don't care to impose on your ability to collect your arsenal...

...I'm just curious on why? See below

How much cake have you invested in your collection? Maybe $2k

How often do you get out and play with these "Big-Boy Toys"? Handguns ever few months, rifles maybe once a year.

Do you actually shoot all of those on a regular basis? Or do you like to have them just for the sake of having them? Have them to be prepared.

:peep:
Unfortunately you never know when the zombies will appear, that's why you need to be prepared, or know someone who is. ;)

Basically I was getting prepared for the next big disaster. Hurricane Katrina, then Rita taught me that it was a very real possibility that my family and I would be stranded and unable to evacuate. I built the XJ up so we could get away on and off road!

The AK47 (12 gauge prior for home defense) were purchased to keep the XJ while we were evacuating. Panic will cause otherwise lawful people to try and take what they need to survive. I need to be able to keep my things, and hopefully make them feel they are LESS likely to survive if they try to take my vehicle.
The pistol and knife are backup weapons. (The 22 rifle was for killing animals for food, if that became necessary)

The "extra" pistols were purchased for other reasons, but I can still hand them out to my wife, and my adult boys. Of course one of them would be working the shotgun as well.

It is REALLY good that we had our hurricane. We didn't have to evacuate. We were never in the horrible situation of deciding to kill someone's Dad, Mother, Son because they were so terrified they were attacking us for our things.

Now with that said there are still people that do home invasions, other natural disasters that can occur. There is always a possibility of invasion from another country, although I think that is only a slight chance.

The bottom line is this. If you expect your government to protect you between 0 minutes and 60 minutes of an attack you're victim waiting to happen. You MUST be able to defend yourself, your family, and your property until the police arrive.

I hope this gives you a better understanding.

Oh and don't get me wrong. Guns are just fun to have and play with. Just like some people buy tools that they never use. They just hang on the peg board, at least until they are needed.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I'm not sure I buy the whole argument that you NEED them...not that I'm trying to start a debate in this thread though...just my opinion.

I do agree they're like tools that are cool to have even though you may not have a real use for them, or like building up a 700 horsepower big block Chevy and stuffing it into whatever vehicle you happen to have, even though there really is no practical use for that much power...

And just like I think there is no good reason to take away a responsible persons muscle car, or tell him how much horsepower he can or can't put into his engine, guns, same thing. If they're treated properly...Load up if that's your thing, and you are responsible enough to respect what they are and what they do...

I really thought that would be more than 2K...Learn something every day.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I thought that AK47 were not legal,, IDK, at least all I hear in PR it that the drug lords have them, and they are called cop killers.. a friend of mine is an Army vet, from Afghanistan and Iraq, and he has show me his M16 and a few others I dont know the names,,

I dont use nor have guns, and well I hope I will never need one,, I do have big knives im an Eagle Scout so all my life Ive had knives and well I like them real sharp LOL,

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm not sure I buy the whole argument that you NEED them...not that I'm trying to start a debate in this thread though...just my opinion.

I do agree they're like tools that are cool to have even though you may not have a real use for them, or like building up a 700 horsepower big block Chevy and stuffing it into whatever vehicle you happen to have, even though there really is no practical use for that much power...

And just like I think there is no good reason to take away a responsible persons muscle car, or tell him how much horsepower he can or can't put into his engine, guns, same thing. If they're treated properly...Load up if that's your thing, and you are responsible enough to respect what they are and what they do...

No, no problem. It's the way you feel and there is nothing wrong with that.

Hopefully I'll never NEED them.

Lets see...

AK47 $305
Beretta $405
PT140 $380
Shotgun $225
Shotgun $100
Rossi 38 $100
10/22 w/ scope $300
Glock 27 $560

Total $2375 before the extras. Additional clips, carring case, holsters, etc...

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I thought that AK47 were not legal,, IDK, at least all I hear in PR it that the drug lords have them, and they are called cop killers.. a friend of mine is an Army vet, from Afghanistan and Iraq, and he has show me his M16 and a few others I dont know the names,,

I dont use nor have guns, and well I hope I will never need one,, I do have big knives im an Eagle Scout so all my life Ive had knives and well I like them real sharp LOL,
I live in Texas. Full auto AK47 is illegal, semi auto is not. You have to go through a background check and pay $200 to the BATF to be licenced for a full auto weapon, or to have a silencer. With the $200 and approval you can have a fully auto assault weapon, pistol, etc... (In Texas)

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts

Mudderoy's right. Things can turn at any moment, and it doesn't take much for "civilized" people to become very uncivilized. And it isn't paranoia or anything like that, it's just human nature. The only sure thing in life is that nothing is a sure thing - tomorrow could bring famine, a crippling act of terrorism, a natural disaster of Spielbergian proportions, or even a meth addict crawling through your window looking to score twenty bucks - and those who are prepared will survive.

It's better to have them and not need them, then to need them and not have them.

1 - 20 of 329 Posts