Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just lifted my XJ with 2" spacers in the front and blocks in the back. I did this only because i knew i wouldn't have to change anything in the drive line.

If i want to go higher, what's involved.

·
Registered
608 Posts
An actual lift kit with new springs for that task. You can keep the spacers, but get rid of the blocks...A lift with new springs will get you up higher than you are now, and you have the option of using the spacers again, but instead of blocks, use shackles. Or hit the boneyard and bastard pack the thing...

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
drive shaft, sye, brakelines, ect

·
Registered
934 Posts
Well I guess to do it right...lots of different options. New rear spring packs/shackles/and longer shocks. New front springs, adjustable track bar, adjustable control arms (depending on lift), longer front shocks, optional sway bar disconnects, longer brake lines, slip yoke eliminator, possibly rear spring shims...the options are endless.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The higher you go, the more things come into play. GreyXJ said it best. If you go any bigger than a 31" tire, then you're looking at re-gearing your axles.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
The higher you go, the more things come into play. GreyXJ said it best. If you go any bigger than a 31" tire, then you're looking at re-gearing your axles.
I would say bigger then 33" you must re gear your axles but you can get by with 32's/33's its just miserable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts