Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 6cyl
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll try to explain this the best I can. Originally that "tube" (not sure what to call it) was connected to that top hole. The bottom hole was sucking in alot of air and was pretty loud actually. I'm not sure how I never noticed it. Anyway, so we plugged it in the bottom hole and the car reved up until it smoothed out and it now sounds a million times better than it ever did. What is it exactly and where is it supposed to plug in to, the top or bottom?
1988 XJ 4.0

·
Super Moderator
11,227 Posts
Look on your firewall for your vacuum diagram. I'm thinking it's part of the evap system.

·
Premium Member
1,747 Posts
If you can have a look in the top hole and see if there are threads for a bolt/screw in there. It looks like there should be a fastener in one of the two holes.

·
Super Moderator
11,227 Posts
That is your throttle body to map sensor. I found this on Cherokee forum. They have a ton of ads that blur the post and you may have to register to see the pics. Cherokee forum renix map sensor But might I suggest Cruiser 54's Renix Tips This guy knows his shit. Page 22 talks about your issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.