Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im trying to decide between wheels.

Mainly what i want is somthing with a backspacing that will keep my tires from rubbing when i cut the wheels deep.

I am looking at either some 15x 8 or 9 soft 8s or rubicon wheels. My xj has a 4.5" lift with 32x10.50s.

Has anyone use the rubicon wheels on their xj?

Any help/input would be greatly appreciated!

Heres a pics of my current setup

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rubicons would look good, so would canyons. but i also like the wheels you already have. so if you were set on getting new ones i would say black soft 8's just to make the new look noticable.

yeah the more i look at it and play in photoshop the more i like the soft 8s. and i can also get a set of 4 now for $100 lol, cheapest rubis ive found are like $500-$900. Or a set that are rashed up pretty bad for $100.

Thanks for the help!!!!:hi:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah no problem. where did you find soft 8's for a $100. thats a good deal.

Craigslist.com is one of my favorite websites lol :thumbsup:

Theres alot of people on there who dont care what they get out of somthing as long as the can make a little money

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I run soft 8's and I really am happy with them. I figure if anything goes wrong with one of them I can get a new one to my door for 50$. Really cant beat that if you ask me.
Yeah i like the idea of that to. Cant beat a wheel that cost 50 bucks and looks good

·
Registered
600 Posts
IIRC rubicon wheels are 16" anyway, so they wouldnt work on your current tires.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Why run 4.5" of BS?
I run 4.5" of backspacing on 10.5" wide tires and get a slight bit of rubbing at full lock. I guess it would just be up to Tkbckrd if that bothered him or not; I guess he could also just adjust the steering bump stops if it did.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks everyone! i dont really get my jeep flexing enough for it to cause many problems but if i had it flexed that much i would deserve to lose a fender lol. Im most likely going to look at one set of soft 8s tomorrow, they are brand new and i can get 4 with 4 new tires for $275. even if i cant use the tires i can make money off them.

OR i found another set that i can get the wheels for $25 each but one has a small bend in the edge of the rim but he said hes never had any air loss. i figure if i get 3 for $75 and a new one cost me $50 im still ahead and ill have the bent one for a spare;)

Thanks again everyone!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts