Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Cherokee Sport
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Cherokee Sport. I'm wanting to put new headlights in and wondering which is best route to go? The stock ones suck and was wanting to do a conversion with LED or HID. Dont want to waste my time or money on something that doesn't work right.

·
Premium Member
9,558 Posts
We are not experts on the newest version of Cherokees, but I have looked into this in general. A lot of LEDs you can get may have lots of chips and lumens, but don't work right due to their position in the reflector housing. This is critical in your projector housing. And I can tell you from experience that cheap ones don't work right in a projector housing. There is one brand that claims to have the chip in the same position as the original, Phillips. You might check them out

Reactions: Sean Mc

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Cherokee Sport
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are not experts on the newest version of Cherokees, but I have looked into this in general. A lot of LEDs you can get may have lots of chips and lumens, but don't work right due to their position in the reflector housing. This is critical in your projector housing. And I can tell you from experience that cheap ones don't work right in a projector housing. There is one brand that claims to have the chip in the same position as the original, Phillips. You might check them out
Thank you. I will look into Phillips brand

1 - 3 of 3 Posts