Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4WD
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So, as some of you may know, I got the rubicon Express 3.5" lift on my cherokee at the beginning of the month. Today, just under 1k miles of having the lift installed, both front shock tubes came loose from their upper mounts, and shot out, denting both my front fenders. My question is; should the mechanic who installed the lift cover the repairs and body work? I was suppose to bring it in at 1k miles to get everything retorqued, but I haven't even driven it 1k miles yet.

·
Premium Member
10,534 Posts
I haven't seen it, but it sounds like they might have some responsibility. Did the stud mount on top come completely out or did the shocks come apart?

·
Premium Member
10,534 Posts
Well then it appears it was not tight enough. The rubber needs to be squashed enough to expand to about a millimeter shy of covering the washers

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
I'm not sure I understand the damage? Post some pics please. If its in the inner fenders, then does it matter? Put the shocks back in and go. Of course, its another story if somehow the outside of the fenders were damaged.

·
Registered
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4WD
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure I understand the damage? Post some pics please. If its in the inner fenders, then does it matter? Put the shocks back in and go. Of course, its another story if somehow the outside of the fenders were damaged.
It's the outer fender. I went in to the shop today. They took full responsibility no questions asked, and they're gonna pay for the body damage. Not sure what I was so worked up over.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
My curiosity still wants to see some pics, can you share a couple? Glad its getting repaired. Must be a decent shop to work with you on that.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
That's definitely not the norm around here. That is an upstanding shop you have there.....shame there aren't more....

Reactions: JaceDaFace

·
Registered
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4WD
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's definitely not the norm around here. That is an upstanding shop you have there.....shame there aren't more....
FL Snyder & Sons. They came highly recommend from classmates, friends, strangers, and several forums. One guy even drove all the way down from Portland just so they could install a lift kit on his tacoma.

·
Premium Member
10,534 Posts
I know about them. They do good work. They even bend straight axles to get proper camber on semi trucks. It was quite awhile back when I dealt with them, but they were the best

Reactions: JaceDaFace
1 - 11 of 11 Posts