Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was looking at craigslist and found stock jeep wrangler tj tires P215/55R15, and was wondering if theyd fit on my xj, they probaly wont but i only ask cause they have a pic and they are on the stock rim that came on my xj, so it made me wonder if theyd fit on mine,

also the add says 5 tires and rims goodyears, lots of tread left for 150 bucks, sound decent?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also would 215-75-17 fit? 5 of these on stock wheels, for 30 bucks,,,
maybe someone could teach me how to tell if something would fit, im not getting the whole size thing,

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
IIRC 225/75/r15 are stock wheels for the XJ so the first set would work but they might be a bit small.

The second set you need to make sure the wheel pattern is the same if they come with wheels and keep in mind the second set are 17" wheels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IIRC 225/75/r15 are stock wheels for the XJ so the first set would work but they might be a bit small.

The second set you need to make sure the wheel pattern is the same if they come with wheels and keep in mind the second set are 17" wheels.
ok i think im getting the size thing down,dont want smaller, and the wheele pattern looks the same from what i can see from the pic but i dont want 17 inch wheels

thanks again for the help

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
All modern wrangler and cherokees have the same bolt pattern and their tires/wheels are pretty much interchangeable.

Ford explorer and ranger wheels have the same bolt patterns as well.

Just look for 5x4.5 bolt pattern and at least 15" or taller wheels. Wheel width can be 6", 7", 8".

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All modern wrangler and cherokees have the same bolt pattern and their tires/wheels are pretty much interchangeable.

Ford explorer and ranger wheels have the same bolt patterns as well.

Just look for 5x4.5 bolt pattern and at least 15" or taller wheels. Wheel width can be 6", 7", 8".
awesome information!

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
You're right, but on the base-base models (SE's I think), they came with 215's, at least in pre-'96 variations - but they were few and far between.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts