Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
another $$ operating system. bleh.

I'd only buy it if it doesn't "clog up" like all their other systems do.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
another $$ operating system. bleh.

I'd only buy it if it doesn't "clog up" like all their other systems do.
Ya for your sake I hope its a decent OS, vista turned a lot of people off.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I think Ill stay with the old windows,,, it works and I already know it.. LOL

·
Registered
412 Posts
So, how many thousands of dollars do they expect me to pay for it? If they are scaling the prices like they have since XP, it's probably $1500 for a single copy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My computer finally took a dive. Did a re-format with xp. Updated to sp3. For a 2002 Dell desktop, it'll blow the doors off alot of current computers. The only thing I'm lacking is a faster processor. I put some time into this computer though, im addicted to Flight Simulator X.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
So, how many thousands of dollars do they expect me to pay for it? If they are scaling the prices like they have since XP, it's probably $1500 for a single copy.
funny how the OS is more expensive than the computer itself. Without a computer, the OS is worthless. :brickwall:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Really? Well... It's been out a while now. I think it was like $500 for the home edition the last time I checked. Which has been at least a year, probably longer.

When I had priced out XP pro sometime back when it came out, it was about $450 IIRC.

One way or another it's way more than I want to pay for a product that sucks.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Really? Well... It's been out a while now. I think it was like $500 for the home edition the last time I checked. Which has been at least a year, probably longer.

When I had priced out XP pro sometime back when it came out, it was about $450 IIRC.

One way or another it's way more than I want to pay for a product that sucks.
Very true words.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
We are better off buying a complete system WITH the OS already installed than going out and buying the OS alone. ;)

·
Banned
851 Posts
Windows 7 has been in beta testing since about Feb. of last year.

Busyness version of it will be out starting in Aug. (last I heard) and home version Aug. '10

I figure I'll stay with XP Pro as long as I can.. By than I'll have Linux configured to run

everything Windows can and I'll say good bye to paying for a OS..

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
funny how the OS is more expensive than the computer itself. Without a computer, the OS is worthless. :brickwall:
Software costs money...? Yeah, OK...I suppose next you're gonna tell me that movies and music coat money too!

You guys are such jokesters! :D

·
Banned
851 Posts
Why dont you get linux running right now?
Need to pic up another Hard Drive.

See I just built a new PC and I'm doing alot of gaming. So I want to Dual boot like i was on my last PC. Can't on this one right now cause only 1 IDE controller, so Need to get a few SATA drives..

1 - 20 of 60 Posts