Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see, I bought a nice XJ that I plan to build as a DD/trail rig. And am doing so by parting out my ZJ. But this weather has been so crappy here in MI that I yet to start the ZJ part out so I can get to building the XJ..

It's driving me nuty..

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Spoken by some one with 60* winter weather.. :brickwall:

When I was doing contract work I have been all over this country except the Pac NW. In all kinds of weather and I have come to hate snow and sleet. But I have driven in it all and worked on my junk in it all. So I can relate to you Nick.
I just got smart enough in my old age to not be somewhere I can't wear shorts year round.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
I can't wait for winter to end either, it was 50-60*F for a couple days this past week here in Jersey, and at the moment I now have .5" of snow on the ground, with the potential for up as much as 14" when this storm gets done... :(

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Well for what it is worth, NJ is a beautiful place in the summer but you could not give me the whole state if I had to live there in the winter. I worked in Vineland through the winter of 1992 and hated every minute. Got to be friends with an older gentleman in his 80s and came back to visit him in the summer and the town was beautiful but it looked so different than it had the previous winter. Like two different places.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Yea the seasons here are pretty drastic. Winters about 15 years ago were worse than they have been recently. There was more snow and it was genearlly colder, but in the past 5 years, snowfall has been scarce and we've gotten used to having a generally warmer climate.

·
Banned
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This winter has been the coldest we've had in I'd say 15 years..

Cold is one thing but all these single digit and negative temps suck.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I am so done with winter its been the worst here in years. We had a snow and frezzing rain storm yesterday and today its +8.. no wounder everyone is sick sick sick.
I am going to work on the MJ today with my bro but when I do I have to climb over this to get at it.

Love the ice in the driveway.. I have to air down the tires just to get some tracktion to get out of it. its 175' from the cornner of the house to the road and let me tell ya that seems like a long way at 6 am.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts