Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 95 Cherokee 5 speed 4x4 with 94 4.0 I need to swap the fuse box an possible wiring harness so am I able to use all that from a 92 Cherokee 2wd automatic thank u in advance
IMG_158930424932F.jpg

·
Super Moderator
10,280 Posts
Was that under water? It Looks like a lot of grease was sprayed on it. Which can be cleaned. Switching out those fuse boxes and wiring harnesses is going to be a sucky job. The harness/fusebox may work throughout those years, but your also going from automatic to manual and from 4x4 to 4x2. It may require a bit of hackery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was that under water? It Looks like a lot of grease was sprayed on it. Which can be cleaned. Switching out those fuse boxes and wiring harnesses is going to be a sucky job. The harness/fusebox may work throughout those years, but your also going from automatic to manual and from 4x4 to 4x2. It may require a bit of hackery.
It sat in a barn for 14 years other than that so I believe that may have caused some other then that idk

·
Super Moderator
10,280 Posts
Is that your concern? All the corrosion? If that's the fuse box in the Jeep you are trying to"fix", I would try to clean that up first. Disconnect the battery first. Then spray it down with battery corrosion cleaner. Then use a little wire brush to knock off the heavy stuff. Some brake cleaners might be hard on the plastic, so be careful of what you use. You already have a pic so don't be afraid to pull all the fuses and give her hell! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that your concern? All the corrosion? If that's the fuse box in the Jeep you are trying to"fix", I would try to clean that up first. Disconnect the battery first. Then spray it down with battery corrosion cleaner. Then use a little wire brush to knock off the heavy stuff. Some brake cleaners might be hard on the plastic, so be careful of what you use. You already have a pic so don't be afraid to pull all the fuses and give her hell! :)
Yes that's on the one I'm trying to fix there is a melted fuse in the one of the slots also my lights dash lights and gauges do not work

·
Super Moderator
10,280 Posts
Is your 1st pic the bulkhead connector that goes through the firewall? When I rewired my buddys truck I bought a bunch of wire ends from a place called Del City Electrical Supply. I got wire, crimp on connectors, bulkhead connectors, and fuse boxes. I already had the proper crimpers. So if the fuse is melted into the slot, you can pop out the connector and replace it. I would rather change a few wire ends, then replace a fuse box or harness. Unless the harness has melted wires. The gauges could be a connector issue. pull the cluster and unplug then plug the gauge cluster wiring connectors, I think there are 2. this usually fixes the dash lights and gauges.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is your 1st pic the bulkhead connector that goes through the firewall? When I rewired my buddys truck I bought a bunch of wire ends from a place called Del City Electrical Supply. I got wire, crimp on connectors, bulkhead connectors, and fuse boxes. I already had the proper crimpers. So if the fuse is melted into the slot, you can pop out the connector and replace it. I would rather change a few wire ends, then replace a fuse box or harness. Unless the harness has melted wires. The gauges could be a connector issue. pull the cluster and unplug then plug the gauge cluster wiring connectors, I think there are 2. this usually fixes the dash lights and gauges.
I'll give that a shot I appreciate it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts