Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have wiring diagrams, from the back of the coil to all sensors, also including the grounds to the block behind the oil dipstick? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,838 Posts
Ok currently watching the super bowl at my son's. But I can look them up for you when I get home.
What year, engine and trans?

·
Super Moderator
10,838 Posts
All the grounds you will ever need!

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gluck I need your help, here's the quick deal. My buddy bought a white 95, just like mine. Someone has performed electronic surgery, and it's definitely malpractice, lol. I have regrounded it, that was fun. I have to figure out the electric fan relay, cause the damn thing runs as soon as you turn the ignition. Gauges don't work, but the main thing that is distressing me, is they have wired the coil straight to the battery. Like cut open the plastic wire pack, fished out a hot and ran it straight to the battery, I'm guessing the other is grounded on the bottom of the coil on the frame, cause this thing runs, and not too bad. Where does that hot tie back into the wiring harness, I would think behind the alternator, haven't really dug dug in. I'm trying to get it 5 miles to my house so I can tear into it better.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You diagram has been helpful, but without pics I just can't really figure some things out. I understand them, but when the whole group of wires are loose and hanging there I'm a bit overwhelmed and confused

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For example the one wire runs to the generator i.e alternator? And if anyone has any pics of connections or how that connects it would be priceless to me

·
Super Moderator
10,838 Posts
I'm at work, but I can certainly get you that info when I get home.
The wires are all color coded and listed on the diagram. The generator, or yes alternator is circuit A142. 18DG OR is the wire size (18 gauge, yeah they are small) DG is for Dark Green and OR is for Orange which is a tracer. Or a line along the length of the wire in that color. Anything with a C# is a connector. Anything with an S# is a splice and anything with a G# is a ground. Numbers in parenthesis is the pin # of that component or connector. Hope this helps for now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts